I Recently Got a Chin Implant and It Looks Like I Have a Double Chin. Could This Be Due to Swelling?

I had a little double chin but when i would look in the mirror it wasn't there you could only see it if i looked down. Now when i look straight into the mirror you can see a huge double chin. Could this be due to swelling? I just had my surgery on aug 6th. Also my lip is numb on the left side along with the left side of my chin. I am starting to freak out because of how my face looks.

Double chin after chin implant

+1

You are early in the postoperative period.  The swelling and numbness should improve over time.  Close followup with your surgeon is prudent.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Swelling and Lip Numbness after Chin Implant Surgery

+1

There can be considerable swelling after chin augmentation surgery. You are not even a week from the operation so I would expect the swelling to be beyond what you would have  anticipated...even though it is normal. It will take up to 3 weeks until your face returns to a more normal shape and to begin to see what the outcome of the procedure will be. Lip numbness is also a normal temporary effect from placing the implant near the mental nerve. The feeling will usually return to normal in a few months after the procedure.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

+1

This is very early following your chin implant procedure. Swelling does typically take several weeks to resolve. Even in experienced hands, temporary numbness can occur. I hope that this will continue to improve for you. At three weeks if you are still concerned about your chin/ neck area, please return to your Facial Plastic Surgeon and ask them to evaluate you and let you know what the chances are for continued improvement. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implants and neck liposuction in Los Angeles

+1

This could be a result of swelling.  If the problem persists, you may be a candidate for liposuction of the chin and neck areas, a small procedure performed under tumescent anesthesia. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS