Had Botox Around Lips Before Falling and Scraping up Face, Face has been Inflamed for 1 Week, Should I be Worried?

scraping my chin and upper lip..swelled up now inflamed for the past 6 days..been using neosproin..now a and d ointment..can the botox been stalling the healing?

Botox should not be interfering with healing

+1

The botox should not be preventing healing. See a dermatologist to make sure that the wound is being treated adequately to prevent infection and minimize any potential scarring.

Wound healing and botox

+1

i doubt botox would have a negative effect on wound healing in this case. Concerns for poor healing should be taken up with your physician.

Sanusi Umar, MD
Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Falling on lips after Botox injections

+1

I do not think the fall and injury will affect the Botox that was injected around your lips

Julio Garcia, MD

Sorry about your facial injury.

+1

BOTOX will in no way affect the healing of your face.  Take care of the scrapes.  Often these heal without a scar.  If you are concerned about how you are healing, consider seeing your primary care physician.

+1

No, that's not what neurotoxins like Botox, Dysport and Xeomin do.  They weaken the muscles that cause unwanted lines and wrinkles and have no effect on the body's ability to heal.

Botox doesn't impair healing after an injury

+1

The good news is that Botox won't harm your ability to heal after an injury has occurred.

Botox is fully absorbed within hours after it's placement. That's why we give post-injection instructions to not manipulate the injected area for a few hours. Nothing that occurs one week after placing Botox will harm the eventual full effect of Botox. 

Kimberly Finder, MD
San Antonio Dermatologic Surgeon

Healing after Botox

+1

Greetings~

No worries.. Botox does not effect circulation or healing so if you injured the skin in the areas you previously had injected it's not a problem.  Some wounds may actually heal better or more smoothly in previously injected areas since there is less movement during the healing process.  You may consider something like aquaphor in those areas rather than neosporin or other products because many patients actually have sensitivity to these products causing more inflammation, swelling and redness.  Keep the injured areas protected from the sun as well while they are still in the pink. healing stages.

Best of luck~

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Botox and mouth???

+1

Very concerned - you had Botox around your mouth??? This is NOT recommended. Botox is a neurotoxin that stops your muscles from moving properly and if injected around the mouth can keep you from talking, eating, etc. Are you sure you had Botox and not a filler like Juvederm or Restylane??

F. Victor Rueckl, MD