Received Light Trauma to Nose Bridge? (photo)

I bumped the bridge of my nose on a desk. I have a rib implant. The skin where I was hit is red and bruised, and there is a little swelling. The implant is still in the same position and doesn't seem to be broken. Should I worry?

Rib Implant and Light Trauma

+2

If the rib implant is in the same position and your are well beyond the first few months of recovery, then there may be nothing to worry about.  An exam would be necessary to confirm.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Light trauma to the nasal bridge

+1

Hello, and sorry to hear about the issue you experienced. How long has it been since your surgery? If you hit it lightly, there is likely nothing to worry about. You may want to follow up with your surgeon to make sure everything is ok. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Received Light Trauma to Nose Bridge?

+1

Always best to seek in person medical advise or see your surgeon just to be sure! Call today for an appointment. 

Slight trauma to nose

+1

More than likely it is just a bruise, but it may be a good idea to see your surgeon to make sure there is no exposure or problem.