I Just Received Laser Hair Removal for my Neck - Burn, Swollen, Irriated, Red? (photo)

I have coarse hair and I received laser hair treatment at a higher level than usual and my neck is super swollen and red and there are areas where it looks like that I've been burned, the swelling doesn't seem to be going down. The darker areas on my skin (noted in the picture) looks like is starting to blister. I've been using hydro-cortisone and neosporin, what else can I do to help the healing process?

Swelling normal for Laser hair removal in that area

+1

All the symptoms you are experiencing are normal for laser hair removal on extremely coarse hair such as neck or beard.  Hopefully your symptoms have subsided by now however the swelling can persist for a week or more.  After your next treatment, ice the area for 10 minutes every hour on the hour through the evening and your swelling should be substantially less. Applying Hydrocortisone as you already are is the correct thing to do as well and make sure you are using an SPF of at least 30 every day.

Leesburg Plastic Surgeon