Could I Have Rocks in my Chin, Which Are Reacting to Laser Treatments?

I Received a Hypertrophic Scar After a Laser Treatment. The Doctor Said This Was Because I Had Rocks in my Chin. Is This True? I saw a doctor to remove a small scar under my chin. Immediately after my second laser treatment, my skin bubbled and welted and I've now been left with a hypertrophic scar! The doctor said she has never seen or heard of anyone having this type of reaction to the laser and believes I have rocks stuck in my chin (from my childhood injury from more than 17 yrs. ago) that tried to come out after after she went over the area with the laser. Do you believe the doctors explanation is plausible?

+2

"Rock in ma chin! Rocks in ma chin!" You had a second degree burn caused by the laser!!!! The treating doc is responsible. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski

Rocks in chin

+2

Rocks in the chin?  May be the treating person has "rocks in the head?"  ( I couldn't help it)(LOL)  Burns can develop from lasers.

I would be highly skeptical

+2

Rocks in the chin....that's a new one.  I seriously doubt that this caused your problems.  What laser did you have for this treatment?   Was the doctor who did your laser treatment a dermatologist, plastic surgeon, or facial plastic surgeon?   I agree that this sounds and looks like this was a response to the laser treatment.  Possibly settings were off or the area was overtreated. 

Brent Spencer, MD
Frisco Dermatologic Surgeon

Laser treatment for scars can cause more scarring

+2
In response to the poster who's doctor feels "rocks in the chin" caused her laser scarring.... Rocks in the chin is one of the more interesting (and completely unbelievable) excuses I've heard, and I highly doubt that is the cause. It sounds as if you've had a response to the original laser treatment itself and are now developing further scarring. This is a risk of the co2 laser, particularly if the energy delivered was too high. I would find a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon to evaluate and treat your scarring. Don't buy the rocks story.

Chad L. Prather, MD
Baton Rouge Dermatologic Surgeon