I Received a Few Vbeam Pulses on Top of the Cheek Bone Area. One Spot Still Red 6 Days Later, Is This Normal?

It seems as though there is increased telangectasias and redness on one exact pulse spot; it has been 6 days. Is it possible to have increased redness and broken capillaries from this treatment or should I not be worried? Reason why I am concerned is because I am going to start accutane soon and don't want to be have this end up being something only correctable by another zap after I already start tane.

Red spots after V-Beam can result temporarily

It is possible that you are still red from the treatment.  It may be possible that there was redness and telangiectasias in that area that you are seeing now.  In either event, I would not be alarmed.  If it is not cleared up in two weeks, I would return to the dermatologist to ask them to evaluate the area.

Red spot after V-Beam

It's OK that one of your spots is still red. It may need a little more time to fade or you may require additional treatment. See you dermatologist to determine which is which.

Gary Goldenberg, MD

Red Spot 6 Days Later...

The increased redness may be a result of the VBeam. Serenol should be given to allow resolution. If not, a repeat treatment of the VBeam at a shorter wave length may be necessary.

Elliot M. Heller, MD