I Just Received Coolsculpting, Why is my Stomach So Bloated to the Point I Look Pregnant?

I am 5'6 124lbs and look 3-4 months pregnant. I only had a little abdomen fat to lose. My stomach looked a 100% better before. What can I do? Also everyone states that there was minimal discomfort. That was not the case for me. So now I have a huge, bloated, and numb stomach. I will call my cosmetic office tomorrow, but they are closed now and I need help. Please help.

Swelling following Coolsculpting

+1

Swelling for the first few days or even week after Coolsculpting is normal.  Discomfort, numbness, tingling and cramping can also occur, and are completely normal, in the first few weeks but they do resolve.  Some patients find that wearing a compression garment or spanx can help with both swelling and discomfort.  Follow up with the office that treated you but the things you describe should resolve on their own.  Good luck.

Swelling after CoolSculpting by Zeltiq is common

+1

sensitivity and swelling are common side effects of CoolSculpting by Zeltiq for fat loss in our NYC practice.  Patients are aware of this and it is rarely a problem.  the sensitivity normally decreases over a couple to three weeks. If your symptoms don't improve, please see your provider.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs.

Ronald Shelton, MD