I Just Received a Columella Lift and One Week Post Surgery It's Collapsing at the Tip And I've Gotten Very Ill. What To Do?

What can the doctor do? i got sick on the 5th day post felt like my nose was on fire, next day nauseous and chills, and faintness. I had red blotches all over my face and head pressure felt like it was gonna explode.It's 7th day and i feel a clear indention at the upper cartilage and something bony pointing out above the left nostril. my septum feels very curved to the left and is infected. What can the doctor do? I'm scared. I model for a living.Can it b corrected while its still forming.

Collapse fo Nasal Tip

+1

As others have said, your description suggests an infection is present. See your surgeon as soon as possible for appropriate treatment. Revision surgery cannot be considered 1 week after your operation. Patience is necessary so you can achieve the best possible permanent result.

Nasal infection probably after rhinoplasty.

+1
You should see your surgeon immediately! I would not recommend any surgery revision while you have infection. Even after the infection is gone you need to wait for the normal swelling to go down which can take 6-12 months.

+1

You should, IMHO, see your Rhinoplasty surgeon ASAP for evaluation, workup and possible treatment.  You should do this without delay.

Rhinoplasty Recovery

+1

Hello Kim 9915,

I sounds like you have an infection.  It is important that you see your doctor and he puts you on appropriate antibiotics, but not before he cultures you.  The sooner you get treated the better. 

I am sorry and hope you recover quickly.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Infection

+1

It sounds as though you have an infection in the nose. Midface infections are potentially very dangerous Contact your surgeon

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Columella Collapse

+1

You certainly should let your surgeon know immediately if you haven't already. I am sure he/she will want to see you to evaluate the problem. Sounds as if you have developed an infection that needs to be treated. A post-op infection after facial surgery is thankfully rare but needs to be addressed quickly if it does develop. Infection can be treated with antibiotics but if an abscess has formed it will need to be drained. This may increase your healing time but if treated appropriately it will heal. Any residual defects can also be addressed after swelling has subsided.

Von Graham, MD
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon