I received Botox on my forehead 3 days ago, the dr hit a major vein? (photo)

Which caused bleeding and two bruises and now a crease? I've attached a picture of my forehead and the very visible vertical vein that appeared two days after receiving botox injections on my forehead. I received Botox injections on my forehead 3 days ago. The dr hit a major vein, which caused bleeding and two bruises. I noticed after the 2nd day the vein was very visible and is very indented, causing a visible line or crease. I am freaking out that this will be permanent.

Botox and bruising

+1
It is always possible to develop a bruise after an injection of Botox, but it will resolve.  The vein will return to its normal state soon, without any creasing.  If you are still concerned, please see your doctor.

Toronto Dermatologist

I received Botox on my forehead 3 days ago, the dr hit a major vein?

+1

Bruising can occur when having getting a Botox, give it a few weeks to resolve and continue seeing your provider for follow up

Botox Bruising

+1

Dear andimiss, Bruising is the most common side effect from Botox injections. Once the bruising resolves, you should be fine. I doubt the vertical line will be present when the swelling abates. #Dr. Gervais

Douglas L. Gervais, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

+1

Please allow at least 1 month healing time before 'freaking out"! Also week;y visits to the injecting doc allows a close follow up.. 

Bruising after Botox

+1

You are going to be fine once the bruising resolves. Because the veins beneath the skin cannot be seen, occasionally they are hit by a needle. That needle may be for Botox or a filler or even an injection for anesthesia. No permanent damage to the vein will occur.

William M. Ramsdell, MD
Austin Dermatologic Surgeon