Itchy after Migraine Botox Shots a Week Ago

I got the shots (temples, forehead, back of the neck and shoulders) on Sept 3rd-Friday. Tuesday morning my arms were itching like crazy... and then my chest. I had to force myself to stop itching because it started burning. After about an hour it went away but I've noticed that my head, neck and even stomach itch a lot too. Thursday morning 9-9-10 I was awakened because it felt like my entire body was burning/itching at 3am. I'm still itchy. Is this common? Should I be concerned?

Itching after Botox

+2

Botox induced itching is very very rare. Especially several days later to occur, is unusual. You may wish to see an allergist as it may be some other allergen to which you are reacting, but the allergist may be able to investigate a reaction to the Botox as well. Do not have more Botox in the future until this is worked up just in case it is a problem for you.

Severe itching after Botulinum Toxin (Dysport and Botox) injection

+1

In all likelihood the  itching is due to something other than the Botulinum Toxin (Dysport and Botox) such as the topical cream, prep, or latex gloves used during the procedure. I would treat this conservatively with antihistamines. If it persists you may require steroids or additional treatment