I received Botox for the first time 1 week ago. My eyebrows are now lower. Is there anything I can do?

Botox and Lower Eyebrows

+1
Botox is wonderful for smoothing out wrinkles around the forehead, glabella, and around the eyes.  However, if Botox is placed too low or diluted too much you can develop a droop.  I would advise waiting one more week to see the full effect and returning to your treating physician to evaluate any correction necessary.

Brow droop with Botox

+1
  • It will take one week to  see your final result. Your brow may droop further.
  • Depending on where the brow is drooping, a little additional Botox may help.
  • Contact the doctor who treated you and make an appointment for follow up in a week. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

+1
I would recommend waiting another week and following up with your injector. If necessary, additional Botox may help make improvements but this depends on where the Botox was initially injected. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Eyebrows low after Botox

+1
I agree with Dr Baird and would give it one more week before doing anything. 'if you are not happy you need to go back to your doctor. whether or not more Botox can fix this depends on where you were injected. If only your forehead was done then adding glabellar area might help you

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Botox and Lower Brows

+1
I would give it another 5-7 days to evaluate your final result from the Botox treatment. It is not uncommon that a patient will get some slight brow heaviness initially since the forehead muscles may be affected first. This usually resolves when the other muscles take effect and create the brow elevation that is desired. If you've waited the 12-14 days after the Botox treatment and the brow heaviness persists I would recommend follow up with your physician. There are some minor Botox adjustments that may be able to improve your heavy eyebrows. Best wishes.

Kristin Baird, MD
Longmont Dermatologic Surgeon