Receive Filler After Botox to Still Swollen Area?

Hello my favorite board of professionals in the world:) I had botox 2 days ago, I usually have zero down time but this time I have swollen areas on the outer corner of my eyes and highest points of cheeks where I was going to have filler Perlane done in two days. What possible side effect can I expect if I still have the filler? It doesn't look swollen but I can feel with my fingers swollen points of injections from botox. Many thanks to everyone who can help!

Swelling after Botox

+2

If you have swelling after injections, then I would recommend waiting to have any further injections until the swelling is completely gone.  Otherwise, you risk over or under treating with the filler which will be revealed as the swelling goes away.

Good Luck.

Swelling and Filler Injections

+1

Injecting filler while swollen from whatever process or procedure makes estimation of endpoint more nebulous.  Wait until swelling resolves or subsides.

Wait for swelling....

+1

As other physicians have stated, I agree that you should wait for the swelling to subside. With the swelling improved, your physician will be  able to more accurately place the filler to precisely achieve your aesthetic goals.

William P. Mack, MD, PA
Tampa Oculoplastic Surgeon

Filler after Botox treatment

+1

It would be best of you waited before having any treatment with filler if you are still experiencing swelling from Botox injections. The swelling can interfere with your physician doing his/her best possible job with your filler. I hope this helps, and good luck!

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Botox and swelling

+1

It is very difficult to answer your question without first seeing photographs or consulting in person. You should consider posting pictures for further assessment.

Sam Naficy, MD

Fillers after Botox

+1

When injectable fillers are performed, the amount/placement is determined by appearance. If your botox swelling is so mild as to be invisible, I would feel comfortable proceeding with fillers.

Laxmeesh Mike Nayak, MD
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Wait for the lumps and bumps to go away before facial fillers are injected

+1

Microhemaomas and lumps/bumps can occur sometimes with Botox injections and further cosmetic enhancement with fillers of any kind should wait until they resolve and Bromolein can help. read the Bromolein book and take the product to quicken resolution of bruises and to minmize bruises before cosmetic procedures. Product  is called Bruisefighter (TM).

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon

Getting filler after Botox

+1

I would wait until the swelling has subsided before adding fillers to the same area. Filler injection requires precision placement and localized swelling may obscure the exact location and amount to achieve optimal result.

Best Wishes,

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS

Wait for Botox swelling to resolve before having Perlane.

+1

You should wait until you no longer feel the swelling before having your Perlane injections.  This way, your physician will be able to give you optimally symmetrical results.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Filler treatments after Botox

+1

I would generally advise against treating a swollen area as then your physician injector may be less precise in the balance and symmetry of the filler injected as they may be influenced needlessly by the swelling. Best to be patient for optimal results.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon