Is It Possible to Receive CO2 Resurfacing on the Just the Nose?

I am a thirty-year-old female, and I have enlarged pores and two scars on my nose which I am considering having treated with C02 laser resurfacing. Because of the possible adverse side-effects, I am not willing to risk a full-face resurfacing. However, I am not sure if C02 resurfacing can be performed on isolated areas such as the nose. I have been told that Fraxel can be performed on isolated areas, but I would prefer resurfacing of my nose be done with the traditional C02 laser, if possible.

Yes it is possible

+2

You can certainly have CO2 resurfacing on specific parts of the face.  We typically will do around the eyes or around the mouth. You can do just the nose also so long as there is not a great difference between the skin discoloration or sun damage on the rest of your face that might cause a color discrepancy after the procedure.  These potential issues can be determined during a consultation with your physician.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

CO2 lasering of the nose

+2

Perhaps the most resilient part of your face to CO2 resurfacing is the nose. I have performed the procedure many times on just that area with excellent results. I have not had any problems with discoloration or pigment changes of the nose as can be seen when treating isolated areas of the face like the eyes and mouth area. I  hope this information helps.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

CO2 resurfacing on the just the nose

+2

Yes it can be done. Seek in person opinions from boarded doctors in your area. I recommend either Fraxel or CO2 lasering of the nose ONLY after you fully understand the risk/benefit ratios. From MIAMI Dr. B

Carbon dioxide laser can be done just on the nose

+2

Depending on your skin type and color, and pigment history, carbon dioxide laser can be done just on the nose. There might be slight hypo or hyperpigmentation but the nose discolors less typically than elsewhere on the face. The important aspect is to treat the whole cosmetic unit of the nose, not just its scars. There are risks, so discuss it with your physician.

CO2 laser resurfacing of the the nose

+2

Yes, the nose can be resurfaced with a CO2 laser.  The nose a subunit of the face and is amenable to isolated treatments.

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal Co2 laser resurfacing has been very effective

+1

We have done many isolated nasal resurfacings for:

• Scars
  • Post Mohs repairs
  • Rhinophyma
  • Acne
  • Post Rhinoplasty

The nose is the area of the face most resistant to laser because of the deep glands and several sessions may be required.  We now use a Mixto CO2 fractionated laser at high intensity.  It can be easily performed under just local anesthesia. Low energy lasers are poorly effective.

Dr. Mayl

Fort Lauderdale

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Laser resurfacing

+1

It is possible to perform laser resurfacing on just the nose

It would be necessary to review your medical history and examine you to determine if this is recommended for you.

Summit Facial Plastic Surgeon

Spot treating with CO2 Laser

+1

Absolutely! The CO2 Laser is amazing to treat the whole face but certainly can be used to spot treat trouble areas. I recommend doing the whole face as the skin over all as a whole will be more uniform but spot treating is certainly not a problem.

Clermont Plastic Surgeon