Is It Ok to Receive Botox Injections Around Eyes While Lying Down?

Botox while lying down

+1

Yes, botox is safe to receive while lying down. The position should not matter. I find it easier to perform when a patient is lying down.

Position During Botox Injections

+1

It probably does not really make a difference what position you are in during injections - it is a matter of your comfort and that of your injector.

Much more important is to be sure of the credentials and experience of the person injecting you!  For best results, use someone from the cosmetic "Core Specialties":  Facial Plastic or General Plastic Surgery, Dermatology, or Oculoplastic Surgery.

James Bartels, MD
Manchester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox and injection position

+1

Whatever position is more comfortable for both you and your doctor during Botox injections should be fine.

+1

Of course.  I've used Botox injections, for over 20 years, to soften unwanted lines and wrinkles.  Lying down, siting or standing it won't make a difference.  The Botox is absorbed by the tissues within minutes and isn't rolling around in the tissues...that's just an old wives tale IMHO.  Same for the other neurotoxins Dysport and Xeomin

Botox injections around eyes while lying down

+1

Although Botox injections around the eyes can be done while lying down, for an accurate assessment of anatomical relationships, it is best to have the injections done while closer to an upright position.  If you happen to be prone to vasovagal (fainting) episodes, injection sites can be marked while you are in an upright position, and the injections done while lying down.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

Proper patient position for Botox injections

+1

I inject Botox while my patients  while they are sitting in an upright postion but it is just a matter of personal comfort for both myself and my patients.  Most doctors will advise their patients to keep their head upright and not lay down for several hours after injecting Botoxt to minimize migration of Botox.  This however is not a critical issue so if they were to look down for short periods of time no problem will arise.  Hence,  injecting patient while they are lying down should not cause any problems.

Ted Brezel, MD
Long Island Dermatologist

Neuromodulators (Botox,Dysport, Xeomin) injecting position

+1

The answer is no problem. Yes you can. The concept of not laying down during or after the treatment is a "vodo". There is no prof or clinical studies that show that laying down effect the spread of the neuromodulator and I personally have not had a problem with patients that lay down after the treatments. I do inject carefully slowly and place my thumb at the orbital rim while injecting to prevent spread to the eyelid elevator muscles and that seems to work very well. So you should not be concerned of laying down if some one experienced and certified to perform the injections.

Good luck

Botox Injection Lying Down?

+1

It should not be a problem having Botox injection while you are lying down.

The safety of injecting Botox while the patient is lying down

+1

I typically inject all botulinum neuromodulators such as Botox, Dysport and Xeomin while my patients are in a semi-recumbent position or if they are comfortably seated upright. There should be no adverse effects from being injected while in a lying down position. For years we told patients after their Botox injections not to lie down for 1 1/2 hours and to frequently use the specific muscles that were injected over that time period. Now, many injectors feel that is no longer necessary. So the bottom line is whatever is the most comfortable for all involved.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox can be injected when you're in different positions, but you shouldn't bend over after it's done for several hours

+1

We tell our patients not to bend over for four hours after Botox injections but it is not proven if this would, in fact, cause the Botox to move to nearby areas and affect other muscle groups.  If a physician carefully administers the Botox while you're lying down, that shouldn't be an issue as long as they know your anatomy well and can see the skin folds and muscle groups just as well in that position as compared with you sitting up. After your treatment you shouldn't bend over at the waste or lie fat on your back for four hours.

Ronald Shelton, MD