Do I Have Too Much Receding Chin? Is This a Defect That Requires Repair? Is Retrogenia? (photo)

Let me add also that I have crooked teeth and defect bite.Is my mandible is too withdrawn and this is some hypoplasia mandible? Please help and i answer.

Mandibular Hypoplasia

+1

Almost assuredly you have a Class II malocclusion which means you have a significant underbite and true underdevelopment of your lower jaw. Your mandibular hypoplasia is significant, likely being in the range of 8 to 10mms.

Chin Recession

+1

It sounds like the entire lower jaw is a little shorter than you would have hoped for.  This can affect the position of the teeth as well.  There are surgical techniques now where the lower jaw can be advanced in addition to the teeth being straightened with orthodontics (braces).  You would  need to consult with a craniofacal or maxillofacial surgeon for this type of therapy.  Since the teeth are involved and you dont want to have too deep a chin sulcus, I would not recommend a chin implant.

Michael A. Carron, MD
Detroit Facial Plastic Surgeon