Receding Chin - 17 Year Old Male

Hi, I'm hoping to get some professional opinions on my facial profile. My biggest concern is my lack of chin, because it's very flat and weak. So I took a photo and did some photoshopping to see whether a chin implant (or chin osteotomy?) would improve the aesthetics (below). I've added a front view image to help explain what I mean by "flat" chin. If it's any help to add, my dentist tells me that my teeth are perfect so there's no underbite or overbite All opinions are appreciated

Mentoplasty takes 30 Minutes

+1

Chin augmentation is a straightforward procedure, often completed in about 30 minutes!  By the look of your profile photo, your jawline and facial structure would likely benefit from placement of a chin implant.  Mentoplasty requires a small incision (2cm) placed under your chin that allows us to place an implant that essentially incorporates iteself into your face, adding horizontal chin volume.  It won't add to the vertical dimension of your face (this is a different procedure called a genioplasty), so a mentoplasty doesn't make your face longer.  It just gives you a stronger jawline.  This balances out an individual's facial proportions, which is typically interpreted as a more handsome or attractive face as regarded by onlookers.  So mentoplasty is quick, safe, and makes you look better....  What's not to love about mentoplasty?

Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant

+1

You are an excellent candidate for a chin implant. A quide to seeing if it would help would be to draw a line from your forehead, the bottom of your nose and your chin. If your chin is in back of this line, you are a good candidate and an implant or osteotomy will help. Women'chins are slightly in back of this line. I usually recommend a chin implant for it is usually easier and can be performed as an outpatient.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Micrognathic chin

+1

I used the term  micrognathic chin because your chin is underdeveloped with respect to your profile...it is not receding (getting smaller or moving backwards). You are a simple problem with a simple solution that gets a great result. Placement of an appropriate size and shape chin implant will solve your problem permanently and easily. It will also look entirely natural and be undetectable. The proceedure takes 20 minutes with an experienced surgeon, uses almost risk free local anesthesia, is painless, and takes more or less 7-10 for all the swelling to pass. However, you are up and around the next day. Unless you have a bite problem or more serious bony abnormalities; serious surgery like osteotomies, or bony chin advancement, is mucher higher risk and major overkill for your problem. In 30 years and over 2000 chin implants I have never had a rejection or had to remove an implan t that was not tolerated by the patient.

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant

+1

Based on your photos, you may benefit from a chin augmentation. When performed properly by a highly skilled surgeon, chin augmentation yields excellent results and has the ability to greatly enhance your profile. Please feel free to ask me any additional questions about the procedure. My contact information is listed in my profile. Thank you, and best of luck.

Dr. Nassif

Chin Implant

+1

If you have a normal bite, then a silicone chin implant will produce the desired result with minimal down time.  The surgery involves a small incision inside your month or under you chin, through which a silicone implant of desired size and shape is placed over your chin.  This will enhance your chin projection and/or lenght. 

Correcting microgenia or a small chin

+1

If your bite is normal, I would recommend an extended anatomic chin implant that will help to add length as well as increase the up and down or superior and inferior extension of your chin. The newer chin implants conform to the bone and can bring the whole chin forward. I hope this information helps.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant for weak chin profile.

+1

It seems that you are an excellent candidate for a chin implant.  in the absence of bite problems, as you have noted, advancement of the chin is also a viable option.  The chin implant, however, will be a more simple and easier procedure for you to undergo.  

Based on your photoshop skills I would also recommend you consider a career in plastic surgery!

Chin augmentation

+1

You should see a qualified oral and maxillofacial surgeon (many plastic surgeons have this training as well) and see if the problem is just is chin deficiency (your teeth align well) or if your whole jaw needs to be moved forward (your teeth have a gap between the uppers and lowers).

Video: non -surgical chin versus implant or bone surgery

+1

You are an excellent candidate for any of the above procedures and you should seek an in person consultation to discuss the risks, alternatives adn benefits as well as the costs of these options.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/facial-surgery-chicago/chin-augmentation/

Chin Implant for Receding Chin Contour

+1

If you have no issues with your bite and are looking to enhance the contour of your jaw with a chin implant, I think you are a great candidate for the procedure. Chin implants are a great option to provide more projection and contour for a recessed, or weak, chin. There a various shaped implants and sizes available to allow for individualized surgical planning. Make sure you consult with a plastic surgeon who has experience in placement of chin implants. Also make sure that you see plenty photos of prior patients who have had successful chin implant surgery by your doctor. Good luck!

Web reference: http://www.drhilinski.com/procedures/facial-implants-san-diego-ca/

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon