Recomendation on What to Do for Lines/creepy/loose Skin After Lower Bleph? (photo)

Hi! Lower bleph done in August. Love the results,huge difference!! However, I do have some pronounced lines/loose skin under both eyes after the surgery. In September, my doc & I discussed these issues. She had me start using RetinA under my eyes, said to give it another month to let the swelling come down more. I saw her again Monday, no real change so she wants to do laser under my eyes to tighen/smooth the skin (vs skin pinch). What kind of laser treatment do you reccomend if any? Thank you!

Options for treating loose lower eyelid skin

+2

There are basically two options with trying to improve the lines and loose skin below the eyelids.  One, as you mentioned, would be a skin pinch, where some of the excess skin is removed surgically.  The other options would be non-surgical.  You could either have a chemical peel or laser treatment to try and help.  In my opinion, I think a skin pinch or laser resurfacing would be your best options.  If you had laser resurfacing, I would use a CO2 laser because that is the laser with which I get the best results.  Your doctor may have a different opinion and she may recommend another laser.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Crepey skin on lower lids

+1

Excess skin can occur on the lower lids after a lower blepharoplasty once the fat has been removed.  A pinch of skin removed  along the lash line and closed with Histocryl tissue glue should be all that will be necessary.  Additional options include fractionated laser.  

Loose Skin After Blepharoplasty

+1

I absolutely recommend a series of laser treatments with Fraxel, or one eye only treatment with Fraxel re:pair OR a treatment with Thermage skin tightening system. Any of these would be a great option for you! 

Cameron Rokhsar, MD