Can You Recommend a Good Oculoplastic Surgeon in the Metro Detroit Area?

Hello, I am 55 & have droopy lids, and mye eye doctor said perhaps an eyebrow lift would help too. I have very fair skin & scar easily. I am looking for a physician who specializes in this surgery in the Metro Detroit or surrounding area. Any suggestions? Thank You

How to pick a plastic surgeon.

+2

Tips on picking a Plastic Surgeon
Article by George J. Beraka, MD

1) Is the surgeon a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery? Members usually do a lot of cosmetic surgery.

2) Did you sense a commitment to excellence in the office. Did the surgeon spend a lot of time with you? Someone who rushes through the consultation may rush through the surgery.

3) Were you treated as an individual? Did the surgeon present you with a surgical plan tailor made for you?

4) Plastic surgeons have to have a good eye and meticulous technique. Did the surgeon show you A LOT of before and after pictures, and did you love the results?

5) Talk to other doctors you know. Established plastic surgeons have a reputation in the community, good or bad.

6) Ask to speak to a patient who has had the procedure you want. You are looking for a surgeon who does a lot of what you want. Many patients are eager to share their experience. Privacy is preserved by having the patient call you.

7) If you are having breast augmentation, ask if the surgeon has a large inventory of different size and shape breast implants available in the operating room. A surgeon who does a lot of breast surgery will have an inventory. This way, the final implant choice does not have to be made in advance.

8) With office surgery, make sure the surgical facility is ACCREDITED. Very important safety assurance.

9) Make sure the anesthesia is given by a BOARD CERTIFIED ANESTHESIOLOGIST. Another very important safety factor.

10) Make sure the office has trained nurses available for hands-on post operative care. This can really speed recovery.

+1

Hi Warren 1068,

The American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons has a web site.  Go to asoprs.org and search for a physician near you.  The Oculoplastic surgeons in the area should appear.  There should be several.  

Good luck.

Sam Goldberger, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Surgon recommendations for brow lift and upper blepharoplasty in Detroit area

+1

Hi Warren 1068,

I would recommend that you see one of the following physicians at the University of Michigan:

Shan Baker, Jennifer Kim, or Jeff Moyer.  They all have extensive experience in treating problems with your concerns.  They see patients in Ann Arbor and Livonia.

In addition, Dr. Lamont Jones would also be a good choice if you would like to see somebody closer to Detroit.  He is at Henry Ford.

Good luck!

P. Daniel Ward, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon