Is It Possible to Rebuild the Tip of my Nose? (photo)

Three months ago I had a tip rhinoplasty. The aim was to make the tip slightly slimmer in front view since I had a bulbous nose. From a side view my nose looked OK. However, the surgeon removed much more cartelage than we agreed on, and now I look like a different person. He shortened the tip a lot. I am very sad and disapointed and feel like my new nose is too short for my face. Could my nose be made longer again? Which surgeons should I consult for this procedure?

Rebuilding the tip of the nose

+2

It is possible to lengthen a nose that appears too short. Three months is still soon after your procedure, and it would be necessary to wait around one year before any revision work is performed. A revision rhinoplasty specialist with a great deal of experience would be the best surgeon to contact. Thank you and I hope this helps. 

Dr. Nassif

Nasal Tip Revision

+1

Wait another 6-8 months before evaluating your final result. At this point I agree that your tip is over-rotated and the nose looks too short. This can be corrected by decreasing tip rotation and securing the tip cartilages in their new location with a cartilage graft . If your surgeon does not do this work, select an experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon for this difficult procedure.

Rebuilding tip of nose

+1

I can see how your nose does look more rotated, or upturned now. Your surgery was only a few months ago so it would be important to see how it evolves.

If the problem persists you can consider revision rhinoplasty to bring the tip back down. It is important to allow the nose scar and swelling to subside from the first surgery so that the nasal skin is flexible enough to stretch as the nose is moved back down again.

Check out my link below for more information on treating the short nose.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Can I rebuild my tip

+1

It is difficult to advise you with these limited photos. You do appear to have a lot of shortening and very obtuse nasolabial angle. Discuss this with your surgeon and see what he or she thinks. Otherwise wait another 3-6 months and then consult a surgeon with revision interest and experience. Good luck!

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

PollyBeak Deformity

+1

Hi,

It looks like you may have a pollybeak deformity from the pics you sent. Your tip may look shorter from the tenting effect of the pollybeak. Its difficult to fully evaluate without a frontal view.

See the link below which describes pollybeak. You may want to consult an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS