Reattaching Broken Veneers, Is It Possible to Do at Home?

I had 4 veneers on my top front teeth. I was using methadone and my teeth started to decay. One fell off due to the decay. I still have enough tooth left to reattach the veneer as it is still in one piece. Is there a safe way i can reattach it from home until i can get an appointment?

Do Not Recement A Veneer At Home!

+1

Please do not attempt to rebond your veneer at home.  You can cause more damage to the tooth by doing this.  In addition, you said that the tooth has decay.  This further complicates your situation.  If the tooth is decayed the veneer should not be rebonded at all.  You will need to have the decay removed by your dentist and he will evaluate how much good tooth structure remains.  You may have to have a new porcelain veneer or dental crown placed on your tooth. 

Houston Cosmetic Dentist

Do Not Try Reattaching a Veneer at Home

+1

You cancause more permanent harm than good by trying to practice dentistry at home on yourself.

New York Cosmetic Dentist

Do not recommend to attach veneer at home

+1

If your teeth are decayed then you will need a new veneer or crown to remove the decay in the process.

Do not use crazy glue as it may damage your tooth or nerve. If anything try going to the pharmacy and if they have temporary crown cement. If the veneers still fits OK on your tooth, it may hold.

BTW, if your dentist can't get you in with in a day or two to take care of this, I would look at finding another dentist.

Hope this helps

Dr. T

Miami Beach Cosmetic Dentist

Re-attaching broken veneer back to tooth.

+1

A broken veneer is a very complex situation that involves many factors, however there is a very simple answer to your question as far as re-attaching it at home.... NO!

Toronto Cosmetic Dentist