Is This a Reasonable Expectation from a Septo-rhinoplasty?

I've broken my nose twice and that has led to a wide appearance and deviated septum. Is it possible to achieve the results in the picture attached and what procedures would be required? Basically shaped the top 1/3 and narrowed all over - slightly narrower tip.

Septo-rhinoplasty results

+2

The images that you show appear to me that you have realistic expectations for your surgery.  You likely can achieve the results that you are looking for, however I would tell you that you definately need to have an examination to determine your existing anatomy.  I agree that you may even be able to achieve better results than you indicate, but if those are the results that you are looking for, be sure to express this when meeting with your Plastic Surgeon, so that he or she can give you their best evaluation and tell you whether or not they can meet your goals. Good Luck!

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty expections

+1

It is certainly appears this would be achievable with cosmetic rhinoplasty. Osteotomies, dorsal reduction, alarplasty, and some type of tip work would all need to be performed in order to obtain the proposed result.A septoplasty is not visualized on the outside portion of the nose, only internally. A septoplasty would repair breathing issues and is done for medical reasons while cosmetic rhinoplasty is done purely for cosmetic purposes.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com

Establishing Reasonable Expectations with Rhinoplasty Surgery

+1

Your expectations shown in the pictures submitted are reasonable. More important than the photographs is your consultation with your surgeon to review all alternatives, including the advantages and disadvantages of each. 

Traumatic Nasal Deformities and Rhinoplasty

+1

The photos you show are certainly achievable. I am not certain that I would suggest the tip changes that you show. To me, it looks a little pinched and out of balance with the nostrils and the length of the nose. The dense shadowing at the sides of the tip is a little unnatural looking as well. You would probably get a better sense from a formal consultation and imaging projection.

Your breathing issue would be addressed with a septoplasty. The nasal bones would require osteotomies (rebreaking the bones) for straightening and narrowing. If you really want the tip recontoured, then suture modification would most likely be required (tip-plasty).

Hope this helps and best of luck.

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1

Photoshop is an amzing toy, but unfortunately I can not predict that the picture on the right will match the final result. There are many variables to straighten a nose and narrow it. This includes the overall texture and thickness of the skin envelope and the pliability of the septal cartilages.  I always tell patients that I can make it straighter, narrower, and "smaller", but I can not make it perfect.

Treating a fractured and deviated nose

+1

Yes, it appears that you have reasonable expectations. Of course, a computer image does not guarantee a specific cosmetic result. However your anticipated results appear achieveable. This could require grafts.

It is probably resonable

+1

Before promising you anything, the surgeon would examine your nose and feel the bones and cartelagenous regions. You may be able to get the nose to even look better. See a board certified plastic surgeon who does a lot of noses.

It's reasonable to expect narrowing of your nose after Rhinoplasty Surgery.

+1

I read your concern and reviewed your photos. I think you have reasonable expectations regarding Rhinoplasty Surgery. You should consult several board-certified rhinoplasty specialists, and bring your morphed photo. You would likely benefit from computer-imaging at your consultation to get a good idea what to expect after your surgery.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Web reference: http://nosejobphotos.com/

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Narrowing the nose

+1

The goal in rhinoplasty after a broken nose is to shape the nose, make it straighter, and place the bones and cartilage in a more aesthetic position.  In addition, it is important to improve or preserve the nasal airway after nasal trauma.  Narrowing the nasal bones can be done by performing osteotomies, controlled fractures of the bone, and bringing them in.  Narrowing the tip of the nose can be achieved with stitches and cartilage grafts.  Hope that helps.

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon