Ask a doctor

Would it be reasonable to expect this outcome with Rhinoplasty? (Photos)

Im a 22 year old male and have always hated my bent and bulky-ish nose. I don't mind my profile, however I don't like the asymmetry front on. As a digital artist I spend everyday improving peoples flaws and have always been interested in what, in my case, would actually be a reasonable expectation for when, and if, I go under the knife. I've created and attached something that I'd ultimately like to achieve. I want to keep the size and the masculinity, just remove the bend and add definition.

Doctor Answers (3)

Rhinoplasty candidate

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The computer image pictures do appear to be an achievable  by an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. Remember the nose is a three-dimensional structure, not one dimensional.

Seattle Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 60 reviews

Would it be reasonable to expect this outcome with Rhinoplasty?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
The tip and the bridge can certainly be refined in the manner you have described.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD

Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty Expectations

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Absolutely! It appears you have narrowed and straightened the nasal bones at the bridge of the nose and have given your nose a little nasal tip definition. This result should be obtainable by an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. Consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Best wishes

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 16 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.