How Do I "Rearrange" my Nipples, They're Uneven After my Augmentation? (photo)

It's been 3 years ands 2 scar revisions since my surgery. I am thin and had nothing before my 310 cc silicone implants. My last scar revission was a year ago and my doctor tried to reduce my nipples and make them even but every time it gets worst. My nipples seem to be uneven and too low, making my breasts look saggy. I've waited enough. What should be my next procedure so it could be the last one?

Leave them alone

+3

Your breasts look fine, Leave them alone. Asymmetry is normal and to be expected. The more surgery you do the more scarring and problems you can have.

Breast augmentation -getting it right the first time

+2

In your posted photo your areola appear stretched out more than the usual 4cm diameter, with circumareolar scars and the nipples appear 2cm or more outside the mid-breast axis. Given that scenario I do not think you can get the areola down to size and the nipples on that mid-breast axis without significant skin surgery. I do not think the end result will justify those skin scars and I would not do it.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Breast Asymmetry and Options?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

If you are concerned about the position of the nipple/areola complexes and/or asymmetry,  you may benefit from additional breast lifting surgery.

Breast lifting involves some degree of tightening and lifting the breast skin envelope.  In order to tighten the skin envelope, skin excision is necessary;  this results in the presence of scars. 

Sometimes, the presence of scars is a “dealbreaker”;  patients would prefer to leave their breasts unchanged than to have scars. At other times, patients  prefer to have the improvement in breast position, shape, and (possibly) size  and are willing to accept the trade-off of scars.

You will need to consider the pros/cons of additional breast surgery carefully.

Nipple malposition

+1

You'll probably need another surgery to help even out your nipples.  To help maintain symmetry afterward, try wearing good support bras to help prevent any further droopiness.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

Nipples off center

+1
It's possible to improve your nipple position some but it will never be perfect. To get a more centralized nipple and a smaller areolar diameter I would reccomend a circumvertical lift and gortex suture to lock your areolar diameter so it doesn't stretch as much. This does mean more scarring and surgery so it may not be worth it as your result looks quite good as is. Best of luck, Dr Kerr

Mahlon Kerr, MD, FACS

Uneven Nipples

+1

Minor asymmetries are not uncommon before surgery and therefore are not uncommon after surgery. If you want your nipples higher and more medial, then you are going to need a more complex lifting procedure. This will obviously require more incisions and risk of scarring. Discuss this with your surgeon and if you are not satisfied with their response, then seek a second or even a third opinion.

Douglas L. Gervais, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Despite multiple revisions nipple can be centered over implants

+1

The nipple can be centered over the breast and breast implant, but it will take more than the around the nipple breast lift you currently have. With skill a vertical lift pattern to move the nipple slightly up and in, reduce the diameter, and set the position with the vertical tuck can be lasting. This can indeed be the last if you choose a surgeon very carefully.

Best of luck, Peter Johnson, MD

Nipple position

+1

Some patients have nipple areola complexes that are laterally displaced, and this is very difficult to slide over more centrally.