What Could I Realistically Expect from Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I was initially worried when I first noticed a bump forming in my nose about six years a go, but I learnt to accept it as my nose looked fine from the front. A face-plant from a tree and a few direct hits with a football later, and this is what I have now at nineteen years old. I currently have absolutely no confidence in myself and avoid as many social situations as possible. What kind of results would I be looking at from an experienced surgeon?

Rhinoplasty can remove a bump and make your nose look better

+2

It's hard to state what kind of results you could get from rhinoplasty. The bump on your nose could be improved. Often that helps boost people's confidence. But you should consider rhinoplasty for your nose only. The confidence issue often follows but is not always a direct consequence. Visit a qualfied rhinoplasty surgeon. I find that computer imaging helps a lot in visualizing potential results.

Don't be Depressed over your nose

+2

It is not uncommon after an injury to notice some changes to the nose even if there was no deviation.  The tissues react to a crush injury with swelling and sometimes overgrowth.  It is also not uncommon to become over focused on you nose or other feature as well at the expense of missing the bigger picture.  In our case this would be my concern. You have a strong masculine nose that many would be quite content with.  I could understand that you may be concerned about modest dorsal hump. This is easily correctable, although you have to be clear that this still may not all that is behind your low self-esteem, and these issues should be explored first. In my mind, there is no reason for you to be avoiding social situations on account of your appearance . 

Arthur N. Falk, MD
Albany Facial Plastic Surgeon

A rhinoplasty can improve your appearance

+2

The goal of rhinoplasty is improvement, not perfection.  You have a very good chance of improving your nose with a rhinoplasty procedure.  A consultation is the best way understand the benefits of the procedure.

Robert Mounsey, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

What could I realistically expect from rhinoplasty?

+1

With a rhinoplasty performed by an experienced surgeon, improvements can be made to the nose. I would recommend a consult with a with a board certified rhinoplasty specialist. He or she may use computer imaging software to morph a photo of you and give you an idea of how your nose may appear following surgery. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Rhinoplasty for a better looking straighter nose.

+1

A straighter and better looking nose with refinement of your tip removal of the bump, etc. choose a very experienced surgeon for the best results. 

What to Expect from Rhinoplasty

+1

In general, many, many things can be improved with rhinoplasty.   In your case, the hump can be removed and the nasal width can be improved.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty for broken nose

+1

A rhinoplasty would address  shaving down any dorsal hump and decrease in the projection of the nose. Osteotomies would involve narrowing the bridge. A small amount of tip surgery might be required to balance the tip with the remainder of the nose. Is difficult to say without a side profile picture, but consideration for a chin implant might be entertained. Virtual rhinoplasty/ Chin implant is available our website for you to try out.