Is This a Realistic Price and What is Your Professional Opinion? (photo)

Hi there - just looking for a few more professional opinions - had a consultation in San Jose, CA about 3 months ago ($7500) and am about to have another one on Friday. I would most specifically and importantly like to fix the bulbous tip and am not concerned about the profile and size of my nose - I feel it fits my face well. It is front view that makes me want to give it "shape" and add a point. I have included a few pix that illustrate this. Thoughts?

Cost of a rhinoplasty

+1

from evaluating the images you have given your concerns could easily be addressed with a rhinoplasty procedure. Please understand that often more than one particular element is addressed in the treatment of a nose that undergoes surgery in order to create lasting aesthetic results. Additionally, although cost is always a consideration, it is important to focus on the goal of obtaining an excellent result. For such a procedure we would change $7,900. So the quote that was given to you was comparable and reasonable.

Be healthy and be well,

James M. Ridgway, MD

Limited rhinoplasty

+1

Given your stated preferences you are a good candidate for a tip pasty. This can be performed with conscious sedation as opposed to general anesthesia which should save quite a bit. The price you quote might be on the high side but there are no rules what PSs charge. If the procedure is done in a hospital owned out patient surgery with an MD anesthesiologist then it is in line. But there is no need for that. An accredited facility run by the surgeon with a nurse anesthetist is quite adequate.

Andrew Pichler, MD
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty options and costs

+1

From your photos you may be a good candidate for either a full rhinoplasty (including the nasal dorsum) or tip rhinoplasty alone.  The price you were quoted is reasonable for a full rhinoplasty in the San Jose/ Bay Area.  A tip rhinoplasty under sedation (as opposted to general anesthesia) would cost significantly less, but this procedure may not accomplish everything you are hoping to achieve.  You are following the right course by getting more than one opinion.  Best wishes.  

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

You are an excellent candidate for Rhinoplasty

+1

You are an excellent candidate for Rhinoplasty and should have a very nice result. When performing Rhinoplasty it is rare that just a tip is done. The nose has to be shaped aesthetically perfect to keep the nose in harmony with your facial features and the nasal structure. That is what you are paying for and not just a tip.You are a lovely young lady and you want to keep a nice natural looking nose. Personally I use a digital imaging computer which allows me to show my patients their proposed surgical result. This may be very helpful for you in your consultation to make sure you are on the same page as your surgeon for your desired result. I have hundreds of photos showing my before photographs, the simulated digital photograph and the actual post operative photograph which allows the patient to see how close in proximity the results are. Best regards! 

Michael Elam, MD

Improvement of Nasal Tip

+1

That is a reasonable price for a tip-plasty. Make sure that no other changes are necessary to achieve the best result. Don't compromise the appearance of your nose to save money. It will be cheaper to do everything at once if more is better.

Nasal tip surgery

+1

Although it may only be one area of the nose that draws your attention, it is the overall balance that creates beauty in keeping with your face. It is often difficult to limit rhinoplasty to only one facet of the nose especiallly to limit the surgical costs. That being said I feel the results you seek are quite possible to achieve and the fee is in range of  $6-10k average.

Stanley G. Poulos, MD
Greenbrae Plastic Surgeon

Tip plasty

+1

A tip plasty might just do the trick to provide nasal refinement. As for the fees, this will vary around the country.

Nasal Deprojections Rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Shezabell,

Thank you for sharing your photos.

With your description and your photos, it is obvious that a tip reduction will greatly enhance your facial beauty while preserving the natural appearance.

That being said, commendable results require exceptionally skilled surgeons to provide them.

As a triple board certified surgeon offering free consultations, I find it crucial to physically examine my patients to provide them with the best approach that will fit their cases.

My website shows multiple cases like yours; please feel free to check them out and I will be glad to answer any question you may have.

The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Realistic Price

+1

We all generally receive what we pay for.  However, please do not settle on a "cheap" rhinoplasty.  $7500 may be in the proper range of needed work.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for the bulbous tip, etc.

+1

The tip can be made smaller but you probably will need other things done . If you make the tip smaller the rest of the nose may not be in proportion. Shop quality and experience not price!