Realistic Options for Breast Implants? (photo)

I am seeking advice on this site as I am 200 miles from the nearest PS.I in no way believe that this is a substitute for a consultation. I am 37 years old I have breastfed 4 children. I am 5'7" and 130lbs. My breasts have been lg in the past. My breasts have lost volume and feel empty. I would like breast implants to restore volume. I would like opinions on what is realistic for me. My rib cage is 30. I measure 21.5 cm from notch to mid nipple bilaterally. I want as lg as will fit naturally. TY

Realistic Options for Breast Implants?

+2

The deflational component can be corrected nicely with implants.   It is a bit difficult to evaluate the necessity of a lift.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations and breast lifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Realistic options for breast implants

+2

Thank you for your photos.  It appears that yes, you are deflated with loss of volume from breast feeding your children.  Your arms are raised in the photos so it's difficult to say if you will need a lift of some sort.  Going with a 400cc-450cc silicone gel implant under the muscle would be a good option.  You can always see if that gives the the desired result first and then add a lift at a later time.  You should be able to achieve a nice result with your breast shape as what you start off with is what you can expect only larger and fuller.  If you are ready to proceed, definitely research online for at least 3 qualified board certified plastic surgeons in your area and go from there.  Best of luck! ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast Treatment Plan

+2

Thank you for your question and posting your photos.  You do have some loose skin from your volume loss, but from your photos, it appears that breast augmentation would help to achieve your goals.  I would likely recommend a breast augmentation with a dual plane technique with silicone gel implants.

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.
Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Options for implants

+2

You will probably get a great result from just an augmentation. You have pretty much the same shape but just deflated. I'm guessing that 350-400cc moderate plus style implant would work but you really need an exam for that. Go for it and good luck.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Excellent candidate for breast augmentation.

+2

The photographs provided as well as the photographs of expectations predict an excellent result. The expectations are well within the capabilities of a simple breast augmentation. I would suggest silicone gel implants in a sub glandular position.

Realistic options for breast implants (breast augmentation with possible breast lift)

+2

As a mother myself, I appreciate all that you do for your children.  Great job breast feeding those kids but now it is time to do something for yourself. It is time to make the journey to see a board certified plastic surgeon, as long as you have completed your family.  It is difficult to tell from the photos but you look a bit deflated and volume with a breast augmentation would be lovely.  Your skin quality is difficult to see but it is always possible that you would need a breast lift or mastopexy also.  That is where a formal consultation with a plastic surgeon becomes important.  Make sure to chose one that has quite a bit of experience, since skin quality can be difficult to predict.

Best to you!

Elisa A. Burgess, MD

Candidate for a breast augmentation and maybe a lift

+2

There are several features that can not be determined from your photograph and these concern the quality and thickness of your breast tissue and skin.  You would certainly be a good candidate for a breast augmentation.  It is just not possible to determine if a lift would also be needed to give you your ideal result.  

+2

Most likely a larger implant would suffice - in the 400 cc ++ range. But you may need a lifting operation. Best to drive the 200 miles to see a PS //

Realistic options for breast augmentation

+2

Dear mum24, I think you have done a very good job in providing usefull information in your question.  This is what I see:  I'm going to ignore the middle photo because it is a close up that seems to be distorting your real shape and form, it looks like you're contracting your pecs and your nipples/areolas appear enormous, that is not the case on the other photos where your dimensions look more reasonable.  Having breast fed 4 children I see significant loss of tissue and thinness of your skin so my choice will be to place your implants under the muscle otherwise you'll have rippling even with silicone implants.  I think that your desired results can be approached but those models have small nipples and their tissues are of optimal quality.  I don't think you need to have a lift because the implants will expand your breast tissue well and the notch to nipple distance is optimal  but you need to consider an implant size of 400 plus ccs (around 450 I would guess) to achieve those results.  In that regard I would prefer you settle for a smaller implant because a more conservative size will be easy to manage, a more predictable result and will have more longevity but if 375cc won't make you happy then there's no point in arguing about it.  Another prediction I'll make is that the  augmentation will expand your areolas more than you think which is different from your desired final look.

I hope this helps you make the right decission, good luck!

Juan A. Brou, MD
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Reasonable Breast Augmetation Candidate

+2

Thank you for your photos.  It appears that your breast are symmetric and do not have ptosis.  It is reasonable to have moderate profile gel implants place beneath the muscle to try to achieve your desired look. 

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS