Is This a Realistic Idea?

I was contemplating fat grafting to the buttocks. However recently I've decided instead to get multiple procedures done that would give the appearance of the hour glass ratio that I want without increasing the size of my butt. The procedures that I would want would include liposuction(to all major areas of my body), thigh lift, breast lift and augmentation. Is this a realistic idea??

Multiple areas of liposuction and breast surgery

+1

The combination of procedures you are proposing will certainly improve your figure.  How many of those procedures can be performed at once will depend upon your overall health, age, weight, surgeon's comfort level, and how much fat you have to suction.  Good luck.

It depends on the amount of liposuction and the surgeons experience

+1

Thank you for the question.  If your plastic surgeons has great results, low complications, and has performed similar surgical procedure combinations you should be fine.  The amount of liposuction and the time spend in the operating room are reasonable considerations. 

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Thigh Lift, Breast Augmentation, Breast Lift, Whole Body Liposuction

+1

If in good health, all of these may be performed depending upon how extensive the thigh and breast lift are.  I have performed extended thigh lift, breast augmentation, and full breast lift at once in usually 4 hours.  I would elect not to do the liposuction at the same time.  You may be able to find someone who would perform all of those things if a less extensive thigh and breast lift are needed.

Hourglass shape..

+1

If you do want a fuller buttock region, fat grafting to the buttocks is often the best option.  This weill enhance the hourglass shape you are seeking.  If you are having liposuction in many areas anyways, this fat could be harvested and injected into the buttocks.  When this procedure is done, surgeons usually tell patients to limit any pressure on the buttocks.  Because of this, it may be a good idea to do the buttock fat grafting at a separate procedure than your other desired procedures. 

I think the other procedures you seek will address your different concerns about your body and compliment each other well.  Best of luck and thank you for your questions.

Shim Ching, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Realistic Goals for Surgery?

+1

It is difficult to give you accurate advice without examining you and/or seeing some "goal" photos.  The surgeries you have listed can be performed but whether all of them can be performed at the same time will depend on exactly how much work is needed and your specific medical history.

I would recommend visiting with a well experienced plastic surgeon to have an examination as well as discussing your goals to be the most precise advice.

Best Wishes.

Combined Procedures are safe

+1

Multiple procedures can be safely performed in one setting. But it depends on your health status (past medical history), your anatomy, and the amount of surgery/type of procedures to be done. Your surgeon may recommend an overnight stay depending on the overall length of your procedure(s).  Please confirm that your plastic surgeon is board certified plastic surgeon specifically by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.  Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Multiple procedures

+1

All these procedures are doable, but many factors weigh in the decision of how many to perform at once. How long it takes, how old are you and how healthy. Only a consult with a board certified plastic surgeon will help with your decision. Listen to his/her advice and be safe.

George Weston, MD
Reston Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover Combination: Is This a Realistic Idea?

+1

Safety should always be your and your surgeon’s primary concern. Combinations of procedures are performed frequently. Whether this is a reasonable combination for you would depend on: your individual anatomy, medical history, experience and comfort level of your plastic surgeon who is ideally certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and a member of the American Society for Aesthetic plastic Surgery, and the anticipated length of the surgery. Most surgeons will limit elective cosmetic procedures to less than 6 hours. Sometimes staging the procedures in 2 operative sessions would be a better decision.

Robert Singer MD  FACS

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Is This a Realistic Idea?

+1

There are a number of thresholds of surgery time above which risks increase. I prefer four hours, most surgeons prefer six hours. Depending upon your surgeon, and the complexity of each part of your surgery, this may extend beyond that threshold, and you may wish to consider breaking this up into two session.

Thanks and best wishes.