Realistic Hopes for Upturned Nose? (photo)

Open Rhino with Colum. Strut to straighten hanging nose and decrease bump. Ended up with feminine upturned nose. I am 2 weeks postop. Doctor says he did 90° angle and it will down in months even with the strut. My upper lip is not swelled at all are my expectations on photos realistic? If it will not down by itself, what kind of revision do you recommend (with/without tip rotation)? What non-surg. technique can be used? I know its 2 early, yet being Provident never hurts. I am a bit desperate

Upturned nose treatment

+2

Hello bujumbura, At this very early stage it is certainly possible that your tip will lower further down, even with a columellar strut in place.

There are ways of lowering the tip down if it isn't at a levgel that you want, but you'll certainly want to wait many months to allow your nose to settle and stabilize.

You can check out my web reference link below to read more about how to treat an upturned nose.

2 Weeks After Rhinoplasty and Upturned Nose

+2

Preoperative pictures would be helpful to evaluate the change seen at 2 weeks.  However, in general, your plastic surgeon is in the best position to determine what is reasonable at this stage as he or she knows all of the maneuvers employed.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Upturned nose

+1

I think that I answered this question somewhere else, but in any event your  nose looks nice and it will probably drop a little bit with time as the swelling subsides.

Fate Of Upturned Nose Weeks After Rhinoplasty

+1

There is no way to predict with any certainty at this early point after surgery as to what will happen with your tip projection. It is certainly not going to rotate up any shorter but whether it will derotate down with healing remains to be seen. It is possible but probably not likely. Regardless you will have to wait at least 6 months after your surgery before considering a septal extension graft to drive the tip back down...if it does not do so with more time on its own.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Too early

+1

As you stated it is very early to talk about revision.Please continue to see your surgeon and let him to take care of you.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon