What Are Realistic Healing Times for a Combo Brow/bleph/mini Face Lift? I Plan to Go Back to Work After 12 Days.

What are realistic healing times for a combo brow/bleph/mini face lift? I plan to go back to work after 12 days. I'm quite concerned after reading, NOT FOR ME's reviews. I surely hope this is the exception and not the rule. I'm going in in 2 days.... Thanks!

Realistic healing times after facial rejuvenation surgery

+1

You will most like look presentable by 12 days after the surgery you described, but most likely you will need some camouflage cosmetics when you return to work.  You should avoid any heavy exertion, though, for at least 1 month postop.

Abington Plastic Surgeon

Healing after Browlift, Blepharoplasty, Mini Facelift

+1

I tell my patients to allow 12-14 days after this surgery before returning to work. They certainly are not totally healed, but others will not see any signs of their surgery. I am assuming that their work is not strenuous or physically demanding.

Healing Times for a Combo Brow/bleph/mini Face Lift

+1

While it is acceptable to combine a brow lift, blepharoplasty, and mini facelift, the combination can be an extensive amount of surgery. Twelve days is usually sufficient. However, recovery time varies from patient to patient and depends on the scope of the surgery performed.  Also, you have not mentioned the type of work that you do. The more physically demanding the work, the longer that it will take before you can return to it.  Your surgeon should be able to guide you on whether you are ready to return to your job or not.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Recovery time for combination of facial procedures.

+1

It is acceptable to have these 3 procedures performed at the same time.  There will be a moderate amount of swelling, edema, and bruising, which is dependent upon the patient, the procedure, and surgeon performing it.  At 12 days there will still be residual swelling and bruising, however it is acceptable to return to work.

Return to work after surgery

+1

After a brow lift/ bleph/ and mini lift, 12 days may be enough to recuperate, but it may not.  Each individual heals differently.  Good luck.

Combination facial procedures

+1

Multiple simultaneous surgical procedures will prolong recovery but the combination you mentioned is common. The recovery is dependent on many factors including your age, general health, history of smoking, as well as the extent of surgery planned and techniques used in addition to the surgeons experience and the length of the surgical procedure just to mention a few. Generally I would advise that 2 weeks is sufficient for the initial recovery but there will still be some swelling and possibly asymmetry and irregularity for the first 4-6 weeks. Most if not all the bruising should be resolved by the end of the second week.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Brookline Facial Plastic Surgeon