Realistic Goals? (photo)

I have very high hopes about my expectations for surgery. I have not been in for a consultation yet but have one scheduled for this coming Thursday. Can anyone tell me if my goals for rhinoplasty and chin augmentation are realistic or are the revisions I have made too drastic? I'm afraid I'm going to be in for a big disappointment.

Realistic Goals for A Rhinoplasty

+1

You did a great job with your manipulation. I agree with a chin implant totally. So, it is hard for any of us to really tell you if your changes are too much because none of us have evaluated you. So, I do not totally agree with my colleagues. What I do agree with them about is that imaging programs can be a bit unrealistic. You can easily overestimate what can be done. Even though I love the nose and chin you have created it may not be realistic. It may be realistic however after you meet with a board certified Plastic Surgeon who specializes in Rhinoplasty. Just be very careful of photo manipulation. I am not a big fan of it. I think it creates false hope for patients and then when what you see in your photo is not delivered you are set up for a huge disappointment. I have had a Rhinoplasty and am a Rhinoplasty surgeon. It is my favorite cosmetic procedure to perform. It takes ver careful meticulous planning and each and every case is unique and different. I urge you to find a surgeon who rocks at this surgery. You also need someone that you personally connect with and trust. I am happy to see you in my town if you want.

Realistic expectations in rhinoplasty

+1

The degree of reduction you are envisioning for your nose is too extreme and a bit unrealistic.  While it is techinically possible to reduce your profile to that degree, it would come at the consequence of your frontal (head on) view being horribly compromised (your nose would appear very flat and wide from the front).  That being said, I think with a rhinoplasty specialist you will certainly be able to achieve a similar overall look with rhinoplasty and chin augmentation, and most surgeons will be able to demonstrate with computer morphing what the limits of the nasal reduction and chin augmentation will be.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Realisstic Goals for Nose and Chin

+1

The changes in size and contour of your nose and chin are good but I do not think you can get quite that much reduction of your nose or that much augmentation of the chin. Consultation with an experienced surgeon will establish parameters for realistic expectations. I do encourage you to have the procedures you're considering.

Combined Chin Implant and Rhinoplasty Surgery Expectations

+1

I personally think that those changes you made with the imaging program are a bit unrealistic.

With regard to your nose, that is a significant change that would require quite a bit of skin shrinkage to wrap around the smaller framework that would be created.

And with regard to the chin, I am just not convinced that even an extra large chin implant will be able to mimic those imaged results.

I think it is a good idea, though, to get numerous opinions up front like you are doing. In this manner, you will be better prepared as to what you can realistically expect from combined chin implant and rhinoplasty surgery.

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Be Conservative

+1

With both rhinoplasty and chin augmentation being conservative will protect you from unusual looking results. Reducing the bridge too much can look unnatural and augmenting the chin too much in women can look too masculine. Trust your surgeons recomendations and be conservative.

Thomas Buonassisi, MD
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon