Is This a Realistic Expectation For A Chin Implant?

Is this a realistic expectation from chin implant surgery? note: i have also removed a bump from my nose with the only changes being placing a straight line over it to straighten it out, i am quite confident this is easily achievable from results i have looked at especially seeing as it does not require any changes to the tip it is more the changes to the chin i am not sure of. thanks

Chin implant expectations reasonable

+2

I think based on your photo and not your examination this is very doable.  I think the chin augmentation with a #2 or 3 depending upon how it looks at surgery will give you a reasonably close result to what you have pictured here.  As far as the nose, this is a truly 3-D structure and changing one part may affect how everything else looks.  I would see a board certified plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon with expertise in rhinoplasty and discuss your procedure and desires with him or her.  Good luck, Dr. Schuster in Boca Raton.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Chin Implant Results

+2

I think that's an achievable result.  Dr. Lee is correct, however, if you have a severe overbite you may want to get one more opinion from an oral surgeon or a facial plastic surgeon who does genioplasty by cutting bone, regularly.  But I can say with good confidence that the above photo is very achievable. 

Best of luck

Chase Lay, MD

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin Implant Prediction

+2

The chin morphing you have shown is a very realistic result. That amount of chin change is very modest and very achieveable with a moderate (7mms or ) size chin implant. You should be able to get that amount of chin augmentation quite easily.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Chin implant expectations

+1

What you have pictured is quite doable witha chin implant. If you have no problem with tooth alignment, a chin implant is definitely the way to go. It is simple, predictable, has quick recovery, and is completely reversible.

Peter T. Truong, MD
Fresno Oculoplastic Surgeon

Chin augmentation expectations

+1

The chin augmentation results you simulated appear reasonable and attainable. This degree of increased projection could be done with a chin implant or sliding genioplasty. Niether approach addresses tooth allignment issues, though.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Chin augmentation

+1
It is possible to achieve the results you seek. However you should also check to make sure your teeth are well aligned as well as that can sometimes contribute to what you are seeing with your chin on profile view.

Kimberly Lee, MD