Shaved dorsal hump, sharper frontal image, eliminate droopy tip. Is this a realistic expectation for Rhinoplasty?

Before I decide to go for Rhinoplasty I had to figure if what I want is possible. I have a dorsal hump that I wanted to shave down, have a sharper frontal image to add character to it instead a bland tip, and to bring up the alar from being droopy. Below I have some examples of what I desire and what I want to avoid. Thank you in advance.

Male rhinoplasty?

+2
The areas that concern you can be realistically improved with a rhinoplasty.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or a facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person. The length of the procedure, cost, and the specific operative steps to achieve an ideal cosmetic result vary from patient to patient and would depend on the findings at your consultation examination.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Realistic Expectation for Rhinoplasty?

+1
Your expectations are realistic and are areas that can be improved through rhinoplasty. I would recommend contacting a plastic surgeon who can properly assess your features during an in-person consultation.

Carlo Honrado, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty

+1
These are all things that can be achieved through rhinoplasty approach. None of them is difficult to obtain. Consider that the initial postoperative swelling may mask some of the results with things should settle down within the first several months. The nose needs up to 12 months to have all swelling resolve. Obviously examining your nose will be the best thing at this point.

Vartan Mardirossian, MD
Jupiter Facial Plastic Surgeon

Realistic expectations with Rhinoplasty

+1
Thank you for your question and photos.

Your dorsal hump and nose tip definition can be easily improved. Make certain you visit a Board Certified Plastic surgeon.

Dr. Gary Horndeski

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Realistic expectations

+1
I do believe you have quite realistic expectations for aesthetically pleasing changes to your nose with rhinoplasty. Any surgeon with a good eye would probably agree with all of the issues you have pointed out.

The best way for you to proceed would be to visit a few board certified facial plastic / plastic surgeons in your area and have them show you computed simulated post operative results so you can solidify your doubts in what is possible, what the outcome will be, and what each surgeon is expecting to deliver. 

Kim Patrick Murray, MD
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Realistic expectations with rhinoplasy

+1
Reducing the profile of the nose and refining the nasal tip are all very realistic expectations associated with primary rhinoplasty.

Jose E. Barrera, MD, FACS
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1
Thank you for the photos and you appear to have very realistic expectations for your surgery - so good luck

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

Options for rhinoplasty

+1
Yes, I think that your suggestions are good ones and would think that you would get a very nice result. When you go for your consultations most rhinoplasty surgeons will either use a compter or draw on pictiures, or show examples of other patients in order to help explain the changes that can be made in your nose. Go for it.

Ronald Schuster, MD

+1
  There is no question that your nose can be improved with regard to the hump and the overall size of the nose.