Is This a Realistic Expectation Expectation from Rhinoplasty/Lip Reduction? (photo)

I have never been content with my face because of my nose and the fact that my lower lip is larger than the top one. I was playing around with a virtual surgery site and got my nose/lip into a shape I think would look much better. Do you think is a doable? (I just re-sized my nose and reduced my lower lip.)

Your nose could be improved with either surgical or non-surgical rhinoplasty

+1

I like the after image that you have morphed.  This would be a fantastic goal for either surgery or non-surgical treatment.  I think a key thing to realize that may not be intuitive is that you will need to increase the projection of your nasal tip.  Some of the reason your tip looks disproportionate, is not the actual size, but the thickness of the skin and lack of definition.

So if you have your nose modified surgically it will be important to add some definition to your tip, not just try to make it smaller.

You should also consider a non-surgical rhinoplasty which may not be able to do all the changes you morphed, but will be able to make your nose look much nicer.  I have place a link to a similar case I performed.

Good luck in your search for information!

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Expectations

+1

Your expectations are realistic and aesthetically pleasing.  As suggested by others I would be a bit cautious with lip reduction surgery.

Sam Naficy, MD

Realistic Expectatons for Rhinoplasty/Lip Surgery

+1

Your goal and expectations for the rhinoplasty and lip surgery are aesthetically pleasing and realistic. Your surgeon will enjoy working with a patient who has given serious thought to what they want to achieve..

Rhinoplasty and lip reduction

+1

These procedures can, and in fact should, be performed together rather than separately, in order to avoid two separate procedures.

Something very similar to your estimation looks quite achievable.

It is important not to expect exactly what is on the pictures or rendition, but before-after simulations are a good platform for discussion between patient and physician.

Brent Moelleken, MD

Imaging vs Surgicak Results from Rhinoplasty and Lip Reduction

+1

While computer morphing should never be assumed to be identical to what surgery can achieve, you show results that are not unrealistic. A better proportioned nose and a smaller lower lip are your goals and both procedures can be done at the same time. Whether you can completely achieve this imaged looks remains to be proven but you will undoubtably end up somewher between where you are now and your ideal goals.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Rhinoplasty and Lip Reduction

+1

A rhinoplasty and lip reduction can be done simultaneously.  Your morphed photo can likely be achieved. Please consult with a board certified specialist who can evaluate you and assist you in reaching your goals.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Rhinoplasty and lip reduction

+1

Yes, the changes you have made look possible. Take the photos and get some consultations. Remember though that surgery is more complicated than making changes in a computer program. Good luck.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Expectation from rhinoplasty and lip reduction

+1

Your morphed results do appear reasonable. A lot depends on your tip skin thickness as it relates to improving your nasal tip size. Visit with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon to see what results you could expect.

Lower lip reduction can be done using a hidden incision inside the mouth.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Rhinoplasty and lip reduction

+1

Hi Chris,

I think your goals are reasonable.  Both or these procedures can be performed together and what you have above in your photo is realistic.  My practice is 95+% women and men of color, mostly Asians , and lip reduction for lower lips is a pretty common request.  The reduction of the lower is done from inside the mouth without much down time.  As for your nasal tip this can be done under local anesthesia with an endonasal (internal incision) approach to removed some  of the bulbous cartilage.  Down time for that is around 5 to 7 days.

Best of luck

Chase Lay, MD

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip redcution and rhinoplasty

+1

I have not been a big fan of lip reduction procedures.  Remember doing so leaves a permanent scar and may affect your smile.  As  for the nose, it is qquite possible to soften it. An exam would be essential.