Whats a Realistic Change I Could Expect with Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I've always been shy about my prominent nose... How much can a surgery really help?

Realistic change expected with rhinoplasty

+1

It sounds like you're interested in creating a smaller sized nose. This should be possible -- the question is how much smaller do you want it and how much smaller can your anatomy handle (due to skin thickness, other facial features, etc.)?

To get a better idea of things it would be helpful to see additional views of your nose and face. You can check out the link below for instructions on how to take photos at home.

Realistic Expectations with Rhinoplasty

+1

I'm sorry, but realistic expectations cannot be established with one picture, but I can say that your nose could be reduced and refined. Submit better pictures (you can go to my website for instructions on how to take those pictures) so our recommendations are more specific. The best way to answer your question is to consult with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who will examine you, discuss alternatives, and make recommendations for you.

Rhinoplasty

+1

Thanks for the picture.  Howver, you should really state what you wnat done.  A single photo is helpful but more photos and definitely an in office exam are critical.

Realist Change after Rhinoplasty

+1

Offering the options for a rhinoplasty is a complex process. It requires a proper physical examination, a discussion on what a patient wants to achieve, and an experienced Board Certified plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon who can tell what is possible based on what there is to work with. Your best bet would be to have an official consultation to address your concerns.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty

+1

Your posted photo is a single oblique slightly out of focus photo that consists mostly of background trees. There is no way to assess your current condition from this photo. There is no way therefore to say if surgery could help and without knowing what you specifically want changed there is no way to know if your expectations are realistic. You time and effort would be best spent seeing qualified surgeons in your area face to face and asking them what should be done.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Whats a Realistic Change I Could Expect with Rhinoplasty?

+1

I think the nasal tip could be thinned and refined as well as thinning the nasal bridge, especially the ridge on the left side, with Closed Rhinoplasty.

Rhinoplasty Expectations

+1

Setting expectations for a successful rhinoplasty, but this is impossible to tell from the single photo. Submitting more formal photos can help make a better assessment.  However, it is likely that a rhinoplasty can make improvements to your nose making it more feminine and refined. The specifics would need to be addressed with your surgeon in person. Look for a surgeon who has significant experience with rhinoplasty when deciding.

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Options

+1

Please send better pictures. My impression is that you want a smaller more feminine nose and this can be done.

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Realistic change with a rhinoplasty

+1

Great the way you asked your question - we try and emphasize realistic expectations. Too many times patients expect more than surgery is capable of giving. You appear to have thin skin and  a more delicat bone structure, both good things when it comes to rhinoplasty. I wish I could tell you more, but te nose is such a 3 dimensional structure it would take a full set of medical quality photos at a minimum, an in person exam is far better, to analyze your nose and discuss your desires and what results might be achieved.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD