Realignment with Invisalign

I had braces about 15 years ago. Unfortunately soon after I got them off, I lost my bottom retainer. Because I was in college there was no way I was going to be afford to replace it. I now have some crowding on my bottom teeth. Very minimal. Will my cost still be in the 5k range? My insurance will cover $2k fortunately.

Invisalign to Correct Minor Crowding

+3

Invisalign is NOT the only clear aligner system on the market. Invisalign is the Klenex of clear orthodontic aligners. For the problem you are describing (minor recrowding of lower anterior teeth) Invisalign might just be overkill. Get several opinions on your treatment, including from doctors who have more tools in their bag then just Invisalign.

By the way, minor crowding is not only an esthetic issue but very much a health issue as well. The long-term favorable prognosis of straight teeth is far better than for crooked teeth.

Good luck!

Tustin Cosmetic Dentist

Correcting minor misalignment

+2

I sounds like you've had "relaspe" of lower incisor crowding.  This is often a minor problem that can be dealt with in a number of ways, from braces to Invisalign to simple retainers.  You should see an orthodontist who is familiar with a variety of appliances to find out which one will be the best for you.  You might be surprised to discover that correcting your problem may not be as expensive as you thought.

Brian Povolny, DDS, PhD
Seattle Orthodontist

Minor Crowding

+2

Price in most offices will depend on the amount and length of treatment for each patient. This is usually done at the exam appointment. You may only need what's called invisalign express which is 10 trays and twenty weeks if your crowding is not severe. So find a good office and do a consult. Good luck.

Sam J. Halabo, DMD
San Diego Cosmetic Dentist

Express Invisalign works great for quick fix cases.

+1

I would still recommend doing both upper and lower while achieving your perfect smile. There could be slight problems with your upper teeth that you cant see as a patient...

Michael J. Thomas, DDS
Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

First time or Realignment

+1

The fee you will be charged is not dependent on whether you are moving your teeth for the first time or if its a second time after having ha braces. 

It depends on the amount of correction required to obtain the desired result. 

You should visit a local Invisalign provider for a quote. 

Best!

Dr. Alper

Steve Alper, DMD
New York Cosmetic Dentist