No Real "Swelling" or Bruising 3 Days Post Op from Ultrasonic Lipo? (photo)

I had ultrasonic Lipo on tummy & flanks this past Tuesday. Surgery went very well per my PS. I was just curious... I've got the discomfort for sure along with itching but when I remove compression suit to shower I don't see much swelling at all and only a spot or two that looks like it wants to bruise. I have some loose skin but sure it will supside. Not complaining but I read so much & was prepared for major swelling & bruising! Sitting upright still slightly uncomfortable-ish. This all normal?

No Real "Swelling" or Bruising 3 Days Post Op from Ultrasonic Lipo?

+2

There are always exceptions to the duke. and you are one of them. Best to just be happy with the great early result. 

What is normal after liposuction?

+2

After liposuction the swelling and bruising varies greatly from person to person.  If a patient cooperates and avoids aspirin, Advil, etc the bruising is less.  If a patient cooperates and ingests very minimum sodium, the swelling is less.   Initially limiting activity helps because the wound at rest heals best.  Following your surgeon's instructions helps.  Your surgeons technique mut have been very gentle and that is great.  Ultrasonic liposuction...Vaser...is the best high tech liposuction by far so it sounds like you are a living example of that.  All you stste is normal.  Sounds like you are an excellent patient with an excellent surgeon.  My Best,  Dr C.

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

No bruising after liposuction

+1
Congratulations, it sounds like your recovery is going well! Everyone recovers differently and it may be that you're just experiencing a great one.

Maximum swelling is usually within about three to five days after your surgery, and the majority of it along with bruising goes away in two to three weeks. You may feel some firmness, though, for a few months afterward. You can assess your results at three to four months after surgery. 

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Minimal Swelling or Bruising Following Liposuction

+1

Liposuction swelling and bruising varies individual to individual.  I have some patients who get 5 liters of liposuction and have dramatic improvement with little bruising or swelling from day 1.   This will just lead to a better result.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Celebrate minimal swelling after liposuction.

+1

There is always at least some swelling after liposuction.  It appears you have very little.  Be grateful for your good fortune.

Some swell more than others

+1

SOme peopel swell more than others, it is really multifactorial including how extensive the suctioning was, your genetics, etc..  I like compression garments for this reason as well. Good luck.