What Are the Real Benefits to Invisalign?

Basically I have an overbite and a curve in my teeth which I want to straighten out. My orthodontics said I could use invisalign, regular metal braces or the ones that match the colour of my teeth. I need to have them on top and bottom. I do a lot of performing (I'm 14) and need to know what to choose. I am also very worried about how I will look with braces. Please help thank you.

Invisalign benefits

+1

Invisalign has the benefits of being nearly Invisible, the ability to remove the trays when eating and brushing making it more hygienic than traditional braces with wires and brackets.

Toronto Cosmetic Dentist

Real Benefits of Invisalign for Teenagers

+1

If your orthodontist gave you a choice between invisalign or conventional metal braces, than i would choose invisalign for two reasons: 1. They will benefit you cosmetically, since you mentioned you perform and are worried about how metal braces will look. No one will know you are wearing braces with invisalign! 2. You mentioned you are 14 and teenagers are notorious for not brushing! Metal braces even make it more difficult to keep your teeth clean and your mouth healthy. With invisalign you may remove the aligners to eat and brush and floss and then put them back in ! For you, this procedure is a win win!

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

If you are concerned about your looks, use Invisalign - period.

+1

The other braces and clear brackets still make you look odd and if you perform then you could actually remove your aligners for that which you cannot do with the other systems. At 14 I would recommend invisalign!

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign is simply less apparent

+1

Many people state that the only reason they don't get straight teeth is because they don't want to look funny during the process, so Invisalign allows them to get what they want without people knowing.

There ARE limitations, so it is not the answer for EVERY case, but it is a nice alternative when appropriate.

Web reference: http://www.bestSeattleDentist.com

Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign benefits

+1

Invisalign is a series of clear removable aligners that move your teeth. One of the benefits of them is that they are removable so if you are performing and want to take them out, you can. They are also clear and very esthetic. In addition, oral hygiene tends to be better with invisalign than clear or metal fixed brackets. For more information you should check out the invisalign website.

New York Orthodontist