I Am Getting Ready for Summer. Which Procedure is Better or Abs. Liposonix or Coolsculpting?

I am 5'11 185lbs 40yrs male 22% body fat. Carry most of fat mid section abs and thighs. Slim otherwise

Coolsculpting is a superior choice of treatment to reduce fat on the abdomen non-invasively.

+2

Coolsculpting is a superior choice of treatment to reduce fat on the abdomen and love handles non-invasively. CoolSculpting is the only biologically selective (specific) modality to target fat cells, and destroy them through a natural process of cell death, without trauma, scars, or contour irregularities. There is a number of patients that treat the abdomen with the larger CoolSculpting applicator for maximum results, while others may require only the standard applicator, depending on the amount of fat they have on their abdomen and love handles. 

Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

Coolsculpting vs Liposonix

+1
I would say having tried both Coolsculpting and Liposonix, I would say Coolsculpting is a superior treatment.  
Coolsculpting draws the pinched fatty areas in question into an applicator and treats the entire area by cooling the tissues down.  Liposonix, on the other hand delivers ultrasound energy at a fix depth. So you're treating a much narrower band of tissue in the troubled areas that you're wanting to slim down.

Young R. Cho, MD, PhD

Coolsculpting has a long track record of safety in fat reduction

+1

I had researched Liposonix but wasn't convinced that it can create the long term fat reduction through fat cell death that we see in our NYC practice doing CoolSculpting by Zeltiq. The Coolsculpting freezes and kills the adipocytes but Liposonix uses deep ultrasound to damage the cells. Most of my colleagues seem to be very happy with CoolSculpting but I can't say that about Liposonix.

Ronald Shelton, MD