Ready for a Rhinoplasty - what can be done for me? (Male Patient with Photos)

I am planning to get a rhinoplasty this spring and am very curious as to what can be done for me? I am looking for better breathing and an aesthetically more pleasing look. I also have a scar on the bridge of my nose. Can that be removed during the procedure? My nose has always given me problems and would love to get some opinions as to what a surgeon can do to improve its appearance. I appreciate all opinions. Thanks

Male rhinoplasty

+1

Without pictures it's impossible to say if you are a good candidate or not. A rhinoplasty can change the external portion of the nose by shaving down a hump, narrowing and straightening the nasal bones with osteotomies and the tip plasty can be performed with a combination of cartilage removal or suturing techniques of the lower lateral cartilages. A septoplasty is performed to improve air flow through the nose and is not part of the rhinoplasty procedure. Both procedures can be performed through incisions completely located on the inside of the nose, called closed rhinoplasty. A septoplasty is billed to the patient's medical insurance. For many examples of rhinoplasty, please see our photo Gallery link below

Male Patient Considering Rhinoplasty

+1

No pictures are visible. Without them, all I can say is that the scar in the skin over your bridge can be treated during your rhinoplasty.

Male Ready for a Rhinoplasty - what can be done for me?

+1

Unfortunately your photos did not appear. Both cosmetic and functional concerns can be addressed with nasal surgery.

Once you post your photos, it is important to keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best surgery. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon certified by the American Board of American Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with.The surgeon should have extensive experience in performing nasal surgery. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla,California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Pictures Needed for Rhinoplasty Imaging

+1

None of your pictures have come through so it is impossible to answer the question as to what a rhinoplasty could do for the shape of your nose. You need to submit a front, side and three quarter view pictures for computer imaging which can help show you the possibilities. The breathing part of the nose could be improved at the same time. Whether nasal scar revision can be done at the same time depends on where the scar is located.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Rhinoplasty requires an experienced expert plastic surgeon

+1

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately your photos did not come through on my computer so it is hard to comment on the aesthetic characteristics of your nose.

To improve breathing you will most likely need a septoplasty as well as a rhinoplasty

.The most important thing for you is to find a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, very experienced in rhinoplasty techniques, and who has an excellent reputation in your community and has demonstrated expertise at rhinoplasty surgery.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Ready for a Rhinoplasty - what can be done for me?

+1

An exam would be necessary to assess anatomic causes for the breathing issues. The aesthetic issues can be addressed at the same time.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.