Am I Ready for a Facelift? (photo)

I previously posted but only had one picture. I couldn't figure out how to add more pictures so here I am again. Recent hysterectomy seems to be aging me. I still have one ovary. Maybe I need to take hormones! I am 44...... is it time for a lift?

One facelift in a lifetime

+2

Thank you for your question and posting pictures. I believe that patients should only have one facelift in their lifetime and you are chronologically and anatomically too young for that at this stage. You will benefit from nonsurgical facial rejuvenation using injectables such as Botox and biological fillers to rejuvenate the face until the time that facelift is needed which in your case will likely be in the late 50s or early 60s.  Look for an expert injector in your area to undergo this procedures. Best of luck. 

Facelift, fore headlift and wrinkles

+2

Although you look great in the pictures, the best evaluate your face is to add pictures with no make up of your front and side face, as to what procedures to do most patients will point those areas of most concern. I will be happy to evaluate some of your pictures that you will post.

Alejandro J. Quiroz, MD, FACS
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Am I Ready for a Facelift?

+2

HI, it's not the number of photos posted, IMVHO, but rather that they be taken with you not smiling that's important aesthetically.  The female face looks best when the cheeks are full and round anteriorly (in the front).  When smiling, the nasolabial fold fat is moved up and can mimic a full round cheek.

Despite this fact, IMHO, the face does show evidence of relatively flat cheeks with excess fat and tissue in the nasolabial folds.  This can be addressed using a minimally invasive Face Lift that takes about 90 minutes and has a recovery that can be hours, not weeks or months with the more invasive traditional Face Lifts.  I would reduce the excess facial fat and shape the cheeks, to the proper aesthetic shape, using a temporary filler (I prefer Perlane).  The result is a naturally, more feminine, youthful and attractive face.  

Not everyone needs a facelift

+1

Your picture indicates a youthful appearing face and therefore you may not need one at this stage of your life  Should you feel that important to have a rejuvenation procedure I would recommend seeing a board should avoid plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon for evaluation.  You may also wish to consider other non invasive rejuvenation techniques such as fillers, Botox, and skin tightening procedures.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Only you

+1

can decide if you are ready for a facelift. It is hard to tell from your photos whether I would offer you one ( I am erring on the side of suggesting not yet - you look fresh and beautiful already). I would consider non surgical treatments first (injectables and radiofrequency) with facelifting back up in a few years. Worth also getting your hormone serology done and considering estriol cream.

Dominic Bray, MBBS, FRCS
London Facial Plastic Surgeon

Too Soon for Facelift?

+1

From the photos you posted, it does not seem that a facelift would be the best option for you at this stage of your life.  Your jawline appears nicely defined, from what I can see here.  To get your best answer, photos of you with no makeup, face relaxed with head in a neutral position, and from the front and profile, would help in a better evaluation.  I expect you would be very happy with changes that can be made using fillers and/or Botox to address "trouble" areas. Good luck!

Steven Heaney, MD
Erie Plastic Surgeon

Facelft

+1

Dear Tmcdowell,

In order to provide appropriate advice, you should post pictures without make-up AND without you smiling.  Based on the posted pictures, I would not offer you a traditional facelift; however, smiling can hide jowls.  If you have jowls when not smiling, then you may be a candidate.

Otherwise, fillers/Botox Cosmetic may be better options for facial rejuvenation at this point.  

I suggest that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area for a consultation.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

An individual is ready for facelift when the aesthetic issues they are concerned with a worthy of the operation.

+1

There is no right or wrong time to get a facelift. When a potential patient can identify specific aesthetic problems the facelift can correct and is willing to undergo that procedure, then it's time for facelift.

Am I ready for a facelift?

+1

A facelift is best for treating sagging skin, and you do not appear ready for this procedure. There are many facial rejuvenation treatments available other than surgery for patients who do not need a drastic change. Botox and facial fillers can take years off the face, as well as a procedure I frequently use in my practice called the vampire facelift. For the Vampire Facelift, PRP (platelet rich plasma) is mixed with a filler like Restylane and injected under the lower eyes and into the cheeks to give a non-surgical lift to the face. I would recommend a consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon. They will be able to examine you in person and provide you with recommendations. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Candidate for non-invasive facial rejuvenation

+1

Hi. I agree with the general concensus that you have attractive facial features and are not ready for a facelift.  You could benefit from volumizing options such as Scuptra to help soften harsh angles and facial fillers to plump cheeks.  There are many options available so a thorough skin consultation with a board certified facial plastic is the best place to start.  The key is good maintenance options to help slow down the aging process.  Good luck.

Richard W. Maack, MD
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon