Is IPL with RF Powerful Enough to Melt Fat?

The more research I do on IPL, the more I see doctors that post and promote their practice stating the ipl does melt fat and can tighten skin. I see all doctors here on this site stating that Ipl does not melt fat. Which one is it?

IPL can tighten skin but does not melt fat

+1

The deep heat that the infrared wavelengths of IPL deliver to the dermis do cause contraction of existing collagen and do stimulate production of new collagen in the skin.  The contraction is small but visible and several treatments are needed to see a bigger difference.

But IPL does not have anything to do with melting fat.

Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

IPL does not melt fat

+1

IPL does NOT melt fat.  IPL is technically not Laser.  It is light based treatment that really addresses pigment issues.  Also, IPL does not tighten the skin.  Again, it mainly improves the pigment, sun damaged skin, telengiectasias, rosacea etc.  Talk to the laser surgeon thoroughly about these issues before you pay for something that may not give you the desired outcome.

Voorhees Plastic Surgeon