2 Years Post Facelift and Chin Implant and Have Muscle Pain and Movement Issues?

I had a face lift with a chin implant almost two years ago. I have seen my board certified Plastic Surgeon with these concerns: very tight muscle pain in the jaw area radiating down my neck, speech was slightly affected with saliva sometimes running out the sides of my mouth, can't turn my head completely to the right or left and my lower face feels as though it is being pulled down and jaw feels as if it is sucked onto my face painfully. My doctor said he doesn't know what is wrong. 

2 Years Post Facelift and Chin Implant with Movement Issues

+1

I would consider a second opinion by another plastic surgeon and, if necessary, a neurologist.   Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Consider a neurologist..

+1

Chin implant combined with a facelift procedure is very common and it's surprising to see you've been having so many problems. Although distinctions are often made regarding the depth of a facelift (e.g. deep plane), facelift and necklift surgery is performed just slightly deeper than the skin. The symptoms you're describing with your difficulty with head turning sound more like a "whiplash" type of injury. You should consider seeing a neurologist if your plastic surgeon is unable to explain your symptoms.

Amiya Prasad, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Problems 2 years after facelift

+1

The problems you are describing are not typical. If your surgeon is not sure what the problem is than maybe you should get a second opinion. Your surgeon in fact may have someone that he/she would recommend that you see. 

Ronald Schuster, MD