Reaction to Liquid Injectable Silicone (Silikon 1000)

I am having a reaction to liquid injectable silicone (Silicone 1000) that was implanted about six years ago into my upper and lower lips!!! I recently had to take 10 days of Cleocin 150 mg ,2 pills 3 times a day. My symptoms began two days after completeing the cycle and are as follows: my lower lip has a grape sized very painful lump in it, no real redness just the lump! My upper has a pea sized lump on the right side and about a lentil sized lump on the left! What can be done? No insurance!!!

Removing silicone from the body - Los Angeles

+1

I would advise you to consult with an expert to have the silicone removed, if possible. I remove silicone with surgery quite frequently. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Reaction to Injection

+1

This is not very common. Careful injection of a cortisone medication may reduce the swelling, pain and size. Multiple treatments may be needed.

Elliot M. Heller, MD