Will I Reach a D Cup?

I am 5'7.5 135 pounds. Prior to BA I was a full A cup. We decided to go with r500/l550 and I am really wanting to end up in a D. I am only 2 weeks and 4 day post op. what are the chances of being a D cup?

There is no way to guarantee a particular bra size. Bra sizing varies greatly between bra manufacturers and a C in one bra will be a D in another. What matters more than the assigned bra size is the way the implant looks on you. The best option for your body and aesthetic goals can be determined in a thorough implant sizing session.
Implant sizing depends on several factors. One of the most important factors is your breast width. Generally, your surgeon will measure your breast width, and then provide you with a range of implant sizes appropriate for your native breast size. There are more nuances to it than just what I've described, but this approach works for most women.
I usually have my patients bring in a large bra and a tight t-shirt to do sizing. I'll then choose 3-4 implants that I feel are appropriate, and have my patients place them in the bra under the tight t-shirt. My patients can then look in the mirror and get a good sense of what they will look like with the provided implant sizes. My patients like this approach and get a great idea of how they will look.
By using this technique, your surgeon can outline a range of appropriate implant sizes that will be aesthetically pleasing, and you make the final decision.
I hope this helps. Good luck!

D cup with 500 cc implants?

While an implant volume can not accurately predict a cup size( because the brea manufacturers all make different cups and there is no standard), a good rough estimate is by doing a baggy test.  Good luck.

Will I be a D?

This depends on a lot more than just implant volume.  This has a lot to do with projection, chest wall dimensions, curvature of the rib cage, etc.  I can't really answer this question without all of these questions.  However, you will, obviously have a sizable increase.  You will need to wait for about 4 months for all the swelling to go away to know for sure.

Best Wishes,

Pablo A. Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Will I Reach a D Cup?

Thank you for the question. On average you will have a 1 cup size increase for every 225 to 250 cc of volume. Having said that recognize that there is no real standard volume for cup size. This can be easily seen when buying a bra. Even if one were to purchase 2 bras that were "identical" in every respect they typically will not fit the same.

At this point your are still early on in the your recovery to try and make any decisions about your results. Your final results will most likely not be realized for several months to come. Be patient and continue to follow up with your plastic surgeon. If afterwards you are unhappy with your results, discuss this with your surgeon. We all want our patients to be happy with our work. I am sure your surgeon is no different and would "make it right" if need be.

Achieving "D Cup” with Breast Augmentation?

Thank you for the question, but despite your specific description of your goals, online consultants will not be able to provide you with accurate advice. Your plastic surgeon is in the best position to do so after careful communication between the two of you.

This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

Again, if you remain concerned, spend more time with your plastic surgeon communicating your goals.  Again, I would  suggest that you do not base your communication and/or satisfaction with the outcome of the breast augmentation procedure on achieving a specific cup size.

Best wishes;  hopefully you will be very pleased with the outcome of the planned procedure.

Breast augmentation

From the information you have given, I think you will end up with a D cup.For someone your size, I usually think of a 425cc implant as getting them on the border of C and D, so you will probably be a D. It will take 3-4 months for tissue stretch and for you to get your result.

A to D cup with 500 cc Implants

Chances are good that you will be some sort of D cup after the placement of 500 cc implant.  In general, a woman your size may need 200 cc per cup transition.  Extrapolating, this should put you at a small or medium D if you were a full A.  Realize though that these estimates and cup sizes are imprecise measures of volume.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Cup size with 500+ cc implants

Good question. Is a common misconception that certain cc of breast implant with correlate directly with a cup size but there are close estimates in relation to your frame. I think your case will likely reach a D although I would recommend not to commit to new clothing after 12 weeks have passed. 

Best to you and congratulations on your breast augmentation. 

Will I Reach a D Cup?

Since there are no fixed definitions of cup size, this is really not possible to answer. I have numerous patients with B's C's and D's in their bra drawer that all fit. 

Furthermore, a D on an 36 band is bigger than a D on a 34 band, and so on.  A 32A patient with a 500 cc implant will attain a larger cup size on average than will a 38A patient. 

Your question will best be answered by your surgeon. All the best.