Upper Bleph 6 Months Ago, Cysts and Infections, Should I Return to the Same Doc?

I had an upper bleph 6 months ago, not without complications i.e.cysts and infections. Do I now return to the doc to have him re-do or do I find another plastic surgeon?

Eyelid problem

+1

You should return to the same surgeon, who knows more about your eyelids and what has happened.  You can also consider seeing an oculoplastic surgeon.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Go back to surgeon?

+1

If you had problems with your blepharoplasty, you should decide if you feel comfortable with the surgeon that you used or go to someone else.

Should I look for another doctor?

+1

Any cosmetic procedure is not free of certain risks and complications and the only surgeon who does not get complications is the one who does not operate.  The problems that you've described are fairly common and could happen to anyone.  Your decision whether to stay with your current surgeon or to look for someone else should not be based on the mere presence of complications, but on your rapport with the surgeon and on his attitude to your problems.  

Alexander Ovchinsky, MD

Your Blepharoplasty

+1

Find a Cosmetic Surgeon who will zero in on the cause of your problem, fix it and then help you recover.  It's all about medical experience and personal communication skills!

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Return to your doctor with problems after blepharoplasty

+1

Small cysts or milia are quite common after lid surgery, and unless there is reason you wish to see another surgeon why not work with the one you currently have.