Ask a doctor

Upper Bleph 6 Months Ago, Cysts and Infections, Should I Return to the Same Doc?

I had an upper bleph 6 months ago, not without complications i.e.cysts and infections. Do I now return to the doc to have him re-do or do I find another plastic surgeon?

Doctor Answers 5

Eyelid problem

You should return to the same surgeon, who knows more about your eyelids and what has happened.  You can also consider seeing an oculoplastic surgeon.

Los Angeles Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 13 reviews

Have a question? Ask a doctor

Go back to surgeon?

If you had problems with your blepharoplasty, you should decide if you feel comfortable with the surgeon that you used or go to someone else.

Steven Wallach, MD
Manhattan Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 18 reviews

Should I look for another doctor?

Any cosmetic procedure is not free of certain risks and complications and the only surgeon who does not get complications is the one who does not operate.  The problems that you've described are fairly common and could happen to anyone.  Your decision whether to stay with your current surgeon or to look for someone else should not be based on the mere presence of complications, but on your rapport with the surgeon and on his attitude to your problems.  

Alexander Ovchinsky, MD
New York Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 12 reviews

Your Blepharoplasty

Find a Cosmetic Surgeon who will zero in on the cause of your problem, fix it and then help you recover.  It's all about medical experience and personal communication skills!

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 8 reviews

Return to your doctor with problems after blepharoplasty

Small cysts or milia are quite common after lid surgery, and unless there is reason you wish to see another surgeon why not work with the one you currently have.

Peter E. Johnson, MD
Chicago Plastic Surgeon
4.0 out of 5 stars 33 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.