How should I treat my raw skin after salicylic acid peel? (photo)

I have raw skin on my face from a salicylic acid peel. I need help on how to treat it so i don't scar. I had my peel done 2 days ago. When I was in class my skin started to break and I peeled it off (my doctor didn't tell me not to peel it off). So when I peeled it off, the skin was pink and it was brown everywhere else so I kept peeling it off on my chin area. But I thought it was okay to peel because when I pulled it, it came off really easily and did not bleed. She told me to put BLUE EMU CREAM on it, so i have constantly kept it on. Is there anything else I should do???

Raw Skin After a Peel

+1
Thank you for your question. Make sure you stop peeling off skin if you are still doing this. Go back and see your provider for their advice on how to care for this. In the mean time you can try Aquaphor on the area to protect it while it heals.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

How should I treat my raw skin after salicylic acid peel?

+1
YES! Best to return to have a follow up appointment. I might suggest Aquafor ointment as a early healing emollient...

Raw skin after salicylic acid peel

+1
Never pull and remove skin layers - that is damaging. The skin will slough off as it needs to. You don't need to do it for it. Now that you have exposed, raw skin, you need to apply cool water and hydrocortisone to it, often. And keep sunscreen on it. Keep it moist and out of the sun!

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD