I Have a Really Raw Scab Underneath my Right Areola. How Can I Get It to Heal?

I had a breast lift with augmentation a month and a half ago. I love the results that I got. But I'm worried that a scab on my right breast underneath my areola will not heal well. The scab came off but I still can see red and my flesh. What can I do to make it heal quick and well. I

Hello

+2

Having a scab is normal you should not pick at it, let it heal on its own. You should see your PS to make sure your not getting an infection.

Treating scars after breast implants

+1

I usually recommend Neosporin and a dry gauze over areas like this, but it's hard to give you an exact answer without actually seeing you.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD

“Scab” under Areola after Breast Augmentation/Lifting?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about the complication you are experiencing;  most of the time these wounds tend to be superficial and heal with local wound care that may involve topical antibiotics, nonstick/sterile dressings.  I would suggest following up with your plastic surgeon and  following his/her recommendations,  given that he/she knows your situation best and is ultimately responsible for their care.

Scab Underneath my Right Areola after BA

+1

Your best option is a visit your surgeon. Although this will probably heal uneventfully on its own there may be a piece of undissolved suture her surgeon can choose to remove that with certainly speed up the healing.

Good luck and best wishes. Thanks for the question

Open wound of breast?

+1

It sounds like you have some secondary healing of the breast.  Without an exam, it is hard to say.  Best to see your doctor.