Raw Red Skin After TCA Peel

A few days ago, I did an at home 35% TCA peel with a 100% cross treatment. My skin didn't turned brown and there has only been a little bit of peeling. The peeling is generally like that of a sunburn. However, there are a few places that have peeled and look red and raw. Is this redness normal? Will it scar? Also how long do cross treatment take to heal? Is there anything I can do to make my skin heal faster?

Use ointments on the red, raw areas. Be gentle with all the crusting.

+1

First of all, be careful with in home TCA peels, especially at the 35% strength. Overuse can lead to severe reactions, dyspigmentation, and potential scarring. However, it is considered a superficial peel that rarely leads to scarring. In your case, the red, raw appearance is normal. The care for these areas should include routine ointment application and observation. Do be very careful to not touch, pick, or manipulate any crusting.

If you can, get a prescription for Bionect or Biafine. These are compounds that have been proven to improve wound healing and will be well worth the money to make sure you have a great result.

Hope this helps!

Beverly Hills Dermatologist