Should I Get a Scar Revision From My Tummy Tuck 3 Years Ago? (photo)

No one replies to my posts with pic but everyone replies to posts without so her goes, 3rd time a charm Facts: -I am unhappy with how hich my pelvic region is -My plastic surgeon said its perfectly fine and he didnt lift it up too much -I am considering getting a tummy tuck revision to lower the scar and pubic area,worth it? -I have a bulge on the right hand side of my lower stomach just above the scar line -My belly button was never moved,can it be pulled down more? Thank you for feeedback

Is it the small improvement worth the additional surgery?

+3

You have a pretty nice result as far as I can tell from your pictures.  I can't assess the bulge you are referring to, however otherwise the slight asymmetry between right and left side could be improved but is it worth the effort?  You will go through another procedure, go through another healing process, and despite anyone's best effort, you will not get a perfect symmetry.

Only you can answer the question: does this bother you enough to be willing to go through another surgery.  If the answer is yes and your expectations are realistic in that you will only get a mild improvement, not perfection, then you can go ahead.

Scar revision after tummy tuck

+3

Based on your photos, it looks like you could have a nice improvement in the contour of your abdomen if you had a scar revision and also liposuction of your abdomen at the same time.  However, you should need an in person consultation to know for sure.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Should I Get a Scar Revision From My Tummy Tuck 3 Years Ago?

+2

It is a very personal decision. I believe some improvement of the scar could be achieved. Also you look like an extended mini TT. 

Scar revision

+2

Your request to lower your incision and make it more level is not unreasonable, but you must weigh the improvement vs the costs, new scar healing time, and downtime to recover.  Good luck.

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

You need to define your goal.

+2

Abdominoplasty  is c omplicated procedure that is frequently underestimated. It is much more than a tummy tuck.

In your situation you need to be clear on what you want improved. Some things will not be amenable to alteration because of the previous surgery. 

The relationship of the umbilicus to the incision, umbilicus to xyphoid and position and shape of the mons are all important to the end result. 

Revision is often more difficult than the first surgery. Be sure to define your goals and relate this clearly to an experienced Plastic Surgeon. 

Thomas R. Walek, MD
Providence Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Revisions Helpful For Many

+1

It would be important to examine you to understand your underlying tone/laxity of your abdominal muscles to give you the best advice.. Your photos seem to suggest that you would do well with a scar revision to lower your pubic line and scar as well as liposuction.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Lowering the scar will require releasing the belly button

+1

Thank you for the question and photos.  To lower the horizontal scar the abdominal skin that is attached to your belly button must be released in a circular fashion.  This circular hole will no be included in the skin to be removed since there is not enough laxity therefore it will have to be closed as a small vertical incision that will be positioned in the midline somewhere between your pubic bone and the location of your new belly button location.  This is the only way to get a meaningful lowering of the horizontal scar.  Whether this process is worth it depends on how much the location of your current incision bother you.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Contour and bulge can be improved

+1

Your result is reasonable. Scars can be lowered but only you can determine if you are willing to undergo a procedure and risk infection, bleeding etc. Bulges should be evaluated to make sure it is not a hernia, lax abdominal wall or simply fat. Each one of these have different treatments and can only be evaluated in person. I would see a board certified plastic surgeon .

Raj S. Ambay, MD