Why Do I Have Rash, Bruising And Discolouration 1.5 Weeks Post Op? (photo)

1.5/52 post BA I developed a red itchy rash on my right rib/breast. This resolved 3 later and what remains what is a blotchy purple like bruise with increased swelling lateral to the incision. Nil increased pain currently Is this is a sign of haematoma or infection? I have been on contact with my surgeon whose advise was just to watch it and call if it worsens. His practice is 3 hrs drive away so I dont want to rush there if unnecessary. Thank you for your help!!

Why Do I Have Rash, Bruising And Discolouration 1.5 Weeks Post Op?

+1

Always best to see your chosen surgeon even if 3 hours away. But a wait and see attitude is acceptable from what you describe and post in the photos 

Rash, Bruising And Discolouration

+1

This looks most like a topical dermatitis related to allergy to the bra, or the surgical prep solution. This photo is not suggestive of hematoma or infection. If you haven't already, send these photos to your surgeon, as well as follow up photos if this doesn't seem to be improving quickly.

All the best. 

A rational the breast after breast augmentation is usually caused by a topical allergy.

+1

The photograph demonstrates some redness it probably is result of irritation from the bra. Most rashes after breast augmentation are due to some topical allergy to adhesive or tape. Most will resolve with topical treatment and time.

Send the photos to your doctor

+1

Rather than posting them on the net, please send these photod to your doctor who will best be able to tell you what is going on.  Unless there has been a dramatic increase in the size of one breast, it is not likely to be a hematoma.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS